Senior Director, Product Design at Stash (Remote)
Millions in the U.S. continue to be underserved or ignored by traditional financial institutions. At Stash, an investing app for more than 2 million active subscribers, we are addressing that reality by giving everyday Americans the confidence to take charge of their money and financial future. Our plans—starting at just $3 a month—provide easy and affordable access to a suite of products including investing, banking, education, and advice. Stashers are 18% more financially literate than the average American, and customers rely on Stash’s unique tools, guardrails, and content to learn about money and build wealth for the long-term.
In 2022, we made tremendous steps forward in the Stash customer experience, through the launches of Stash Core, a new banking account experience featuring access to an upgraded Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard®, enhanced customer support, and refreshed benefits, including increased rewards; and expanded access to cryptocurrency through a separate crypto account offering.
Our Talented Team
We are proud to attract phenomenal individuals who share our commitment to unlocking financial opportunity for a new generation of investors. Their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences have helped create a thriving and inclusive culture based on the notion of “Prioritizing People,” a Stash core value.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
Designers here know when to push boundaries and when to use tried and true patterns. They use research and data to solve new problems and rely on heuristics and patterns to solve common problems. They strive for simplicity in all that they do and work collaboratively with Product Managers and Engineers to ship the best experience for Stash customers.
As the Senior Director of Product Design, you are responsible for the creation of a frictionless experience that empowers and delights customers throughout their journey with Stash.
Stash is a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What You’ll Do
- Champion and cultivate a culture of user-centered design through every touchpoint in the customer journey.
- Simplify complexity by breaking down tough problems and aligning senior Product and Engineering leaders on customer-centered solutions.
- Contribute to strategic roadmaps with cross-functional partners, and manage multiple complex schedules and stakeholders.
- Foster collaborative relationships with Engineering, Product, and Marketing to deliver a unified mission and message for our customers.
- Develop repeatable, scalable mechanisms, and approaches to how we do our best work.
Who We’re Looking For
- Human-centered UX design leader that focuses on bringing simplicity to the product
- 12+ years of experience in creating design strategy and driving execution.
- Strong background in visual design and ability to mentor and grow team members in visual design.
- 8+ years of leading teams and managing people.
- Proven track record of delivering successful products.
- An expert communicator at every level with the ability to flex between influencing executives and inspiring team members.
- An emotionally intelligent leader that hires and develops the best, growing, and inspiring designers to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Great collaborator and team player - you understand design is a team sport and when we win, we win together.
- Relationship builder that actively develops cross-org partnerships, fosters trust and aligns stakeholders.
- Ability to balance data with customer insights to inform design decisions.
- Thought leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, that will make an imprint on our movement to empower everyday Americans to drive their financial future
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Helping You Invest in Yourself
- Comprehensive total rewards package, comprising compensation (base salary, equity, and depending on level, an annual bonus) and health care benefits
- Complimentary subscription to Stash+ account
- Remote-first work policy – Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office (including our NYC and London offices), or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Annual education reimbursement benefit Learning & Development Fund
- Work from home equipment stipends
- Paid Parental Leave ([offerings for birth giving and non-birth giving parents) Primary & Secondary]
- Enhanced wellness benefits through Gympass, Headspace, Ginger, and Maven Health
- Stash Gives donation and volunteerism program through Millie, with an annual company match
External Recognition for Stash
- Comparably's Best Company Awards: Best Places to Work, Best Company Outlook, and Best Engineering Teamfor Diversity, Women, Culture, and more! (20232)
- Fintech Breakthrough Award: Best Personal Finance App (2023)
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**