Senior Designer, Education at Webflow
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
Webflow University is Webflow’s learning platform that has established a reputation for best-in-class teaching. (Take a look at Webflow University or one of our recent course trailers, or even a lesson teaching the concepts behind CSS grid.) We’re looking for a Senior Designer, Education, who shares our passion for design and our mission to inspire and incentivize people to learn web design and development. You are someone who wants to expand great design, help us tell our story, and take Webflow's education efforts to the next level.
Join us to work on the next-generation education platform.
About the role:
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US Remote
As a Senior Designer, Education, you’ll:
- Design best-in-class websites and web layouts. You’ll push the boundaries of web design by creating designs that can teach and inspire millions of people to learn how to build for the web. You'll build experiences that look great, function well, and provide teachable moments that help designers worldwide understand the principles of design and development.
- Define Webflow’s education experience and identity. You’ll design and improve upon the user experience and visual identity of Webflow’s educational efforts, from Webflow University itself, to our certification programs, to the in-product teaching for Webflow’s customers. You’ll research, design, build, and maintain the brand standard of Webflow’s educational products.
- Help us decrease the learning curve for our customers. You’ll contribute to major Webflow education initiatives by collaborating with engineers, researchers, and other designers to build and implement products that make Webflow easier to learn and use.
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible. Our team enjoys a ton of experimental freedom, and we’re always looking for ways to improve, even when the method isn’t 100% proven. If an idea gets our users excited about learning, we’re interested in trying it. We love bold, aspirational, and sophisticated designs. If it makes someone do a double-take, let’s build it. We use stills, illustrations, scripted video, unscripted video, music with video, and clear graphics (plus a billion other things that won't fit here) to visually reinforce teaching. (And about a billion other things that won’t fit in this paragraph.)
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you and shape your role accordingly. This isn’t just a philosophical bent: We actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.About you
You’ll thrive as a Senior Designer, Education, if you:
- Have successful experience working as part of a design team.
- Can provide a portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design skills, attention to detail, and the ability to solve complex problems through elegant solutions.
- Are a self-motivated problem solver who can work on multiple projects.
- Are excited about learning and building with tools like Webflow.
- Are an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) with an ability to present your work to peers and key stakeholders.
- Have demonstrated experience creating and upholding brand guidelines.
- Are pragmatic and take an iterative approach to creating new learning experiences.
- Have a demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity, and quickly adapt to changes, manage your time, and prioritize your work in a fast-paced environment.
- Are humble, respectful, and value team success over personal success.
- Are deeply familiar with design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Figma, or other relevant software — and can quickly get up and running in new tools.
- Have the ability to accept feedback and refine your own work with limited supervision.
- Have a can-do, get-it-done attitude.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.About us
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do, but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust.
- Get it done, do it right.
- Practice candor with care.
- Dream big, ship often.
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses.
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days.
- We offer flexible parental leave.
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Designer — Education and a human being.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.