Senior Design Systems Designer at Public.com
Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we're making the public markets work for all people.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we're looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft, (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar, as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers' Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone's Advancit Capital.
About the role:
With founders who have design backgrounds, Design at Public is an organizational priority and a strategic differentiator. Our team partners to help uncover opportunities, generate possible solutions, and craft experiences. We leverage human-centered design practices and evidence to guide principle-based strategies and decisions, leading to the delivery of innovative experiences our members love - and help Public grow.
We’re looking for a collaborative Sr. Systems Designer to play a critical role in shaping the foundation of our experience to support our mission to make the markets work for all people. This role is an exciting opportunity for a skilled designer who is passionate about driving craft, quality, efficiency, and utility through design systems.What you'll do:
- Work in partnership to design systems and patterns that drive efficiency, utility, and consistency across the product ecosystem
- Leverage visual, motion, and interaction design to create beautifully crafted solutions that are intuitive and aligned to our experience principles
- Work with product designers and cross functionally with product and engineering to build and ship the design system
- Design multiple variations of new features and optimizations of existing features
- Contribute documentation and guidance on how and why components, styles, and patterns are applied in code and design.
- Be a champion for our system, communicating design decisions to product design, brand design, engineering and product.
- Prioritize work based on the highest potential benefit and actively drive initiatives
- A collaborative and thoughtful leader and teammate with a growth mindset
- An ambitious and detailed systems designer, excited to explore design solutions for problems of varying complexity
- A natural systems thinker adept at seeing and anticipating the interplay between differing areas of our experience
- Comfortable communicating design rationale and helping explain trade-offs
- Committed to working in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- You understand how design systems are implemented and best used by the team
- Comfortable prioritizing effectively and flexibly handling changes
- Strong organization skills and ability to lead multiple projects concurrently
- Proven to thrive in iterative and collaborative environments
- Experienced defining, driving, and delivering design systems
- Expert in current design tools such as Figma
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.