Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
We’re looking for a Senior Design Operations Manager to lead design programs and initiatives within our Platform and Research teams. Design Operations at Squarespace is embedded within our Product Design organization and amplifies the impact of design by allowing our designers to focus on the work. You will lead programs for the design group in which you are embedded, and implement processes to influence how we optimize output. Some of your core partners will be design managers, product managers, product designers, UX content strategists, UX researchers, engineers, technical program managers, and legal/business affairs.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Design Operations. We are open to this position being remote.
- Partner closely with our Design team to ensure strategic vision is executed within given timelines and design quality standards.
- Create and implement research budget best practices that help product teams work through the product discovery phase and connect to long-term yearly planning
- Manage incentives by creating centralized best practices for design teams
- Identify team needs with regards to processes, rituals, tools, and documentation.
- Balance multiple priorities and needs, making sure inter-dependencies are understood, planned for, and communicated effectively.
- Guide and document design feedback and identify opportunities to maximize design output.
- Maintain design program status and communicate across the product team,
- Coordinate discovery loops and usability studies in partnership with UX Researchers and other Design teams.
- Create and manage budgets for content licensing.
- Coordinate with legal to secure licensing agreements with content providers.
- Collaborate with other teams in the Product organization as needed to provide a smooth creative and development process.
- Partner with your design managers to develop plans for onboarding new designers within the teams.
- 4+ years of experience as a digital producer or program manager with a background in product, digital, or tech
- Hands-on experience working with in-house product design teams and familiarity with research methods and product development
- Ability to self-manage in a fast-paced environment of ambiguity with diverse partners.
- Ability to partner with other Design Ops Managers to understand cross-org dependencies
- Ability to work across multiple complex programs
- Experience building programs from scratch and measuring their impact
- Ability to identify and address blockers with a solutions oriented approach
- Team-player mentality with a limitless determination to succeed and grow
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace