LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a high-performing team in a fast-paced and driven organization.
In this role you will:
- Design effective, innovative, and delightful conversational experiences using user-centric design methodologies.
- Work with major enterprise brands to understand their business goals, their customer personas and intents to define an automation roadmap.
- Review and provide feedback on other designer’s work. Prioritize design work to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Lead design workshops and conduct user research where appropriate, to tie insights to business results.
- Research and analyze intents and the associated customer journeys. Evaluate when bots are appropriate and in what form.
- Create bot design documents, including bot personas, example dialogs, conversation flow diagrams, error handling patterns.
- Define the intent portfolio for natural language understanding and how it maps in to conversation designs.
- Review customer transcripts to identify gaps in the conversation design; modify design patterns to bridge those gaps.
- Write copy suitable for automated conversations in the messaging medium.
- Interpret bot performance metrics to hypothesize where design changes can be made and tested to drive specific goals.
- Create and evangelize conversation design best practice standards, reusable design patterns and processes.
- Contribute to the team’s conversational design system.
- Collaborate with Gainshare project managers, optimization managers, bot developers, and bot tuners to execute on bot implementation.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication to internal executives, C-level clients, partners, and team members.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Advanced experience in bot strategy, conversation design and optimization. Can produce a portfolio of example work.
- 2+ years in Conversation Design, or 3+ years in a UX-related role.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, having presented design thought leadership to diverse audiences, from client executives to technical team members.
- Knowledge of Natural Language Understanding technologies and platforms such as Dialogflow, Watson, LUIS, etc. and how it impacts conversation designs.
- Knowledge of messaging channels such as web messaging, SMS, Whatsapp, etc. and what the advantages and disadvantages are of each.
- We consider diverse backgrounds - you may be a UX designer with a knack for language, or a Communications/Linguistics major with a knack for design thinking, or a game designer with experience on dialogue systems, etc.
- Contact center and/or customer service experience a plus.
- Design team management experience or strong interest to gain design management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.