We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is rapidly expanding around the world, and we’re looking for an experienced content designer to lead in-product content design and UX writing for our product team, focusing on international expansion. The team works on projects that support both our global products and systems, as well as projects specific to countries and regions around the world.
As we build our international presence from scratch, this is an incredible opportunity to be a Content Designer leader and work in a start-up-like, fast growing environment. The crypto space — together with its terminology, protocols, tokens, and more — is a new and exciting universe that you’ll be helping to define.
You’ll work closely with product designers, product managers, researchers, and engineers, and will be part of Coinbase’s design systems team — a multidisciplinary mix of designers, illustrators, and writers. This role reports to our senior content design manager.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Partner with local and global cross-functional teams in several countries and time zones to understand user and product needs, and design in-product content and experiences that are simple and intuitive.
- Create systems and processes to help us build our localization muscles.
- Contribute to content design strategy as well as produce and present final UX copy for our products.
- Work closely with the content design and design systems teams to improve the language across all surfaces, and establish and share writing guidelines and components.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years of experience producing user-focused, in-product writing through work in tech, digital agencies, or other relevant product areas.
- Experience creating scalable content.
- UX-focused writing samples and flows you can share with us.
- Enthusiasm for financial innovation and Coinbase’s mission.
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, journalism, technical writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with localization, translation and/or international teams.
- Experience creating or contributing to design systems and component libraries.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Technical writing experience.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.