Senior Content Designer at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Team & Role
At ServiceNow, we embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures. This diversity inspires passion and creativity among our teams and propels innovation in our products.
This role is part of our Product Design team that uses their superpower of empathizing, understanding, and applying our users' and customers' needs, with the mission to created product experiences they love. Our designers come from a diverse set of skills and background - design systems, visual, interaction, content, and product design. At ServiceNow, design has a very intentional seat at the table, so our team collaborates closely with both engineering and product management from the get-go.
Learn more about our team here https://www.linkedin.com/company/servicenow/life/userexperience/
What you get to do in this role:
- You'll actively participate on cross-functional teams and be responsible for UX writing needs for one to two products, including prototypes, content wireframes, style guides, and content patterns.
- You'll leverage learnings from available data and customer research to define and manage product-level content strategy, with focus extending beyond immediate release.
- You'll contribute ideas for structuring collaborative projects or ongoing content team efforts to maximize productivity and success, based on experience and available metrics, data, and research.
- 5+ years of experience in content design, content strategy, copywriting, or related field; B2B experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or another relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with solid understanding of English grammar, structure, and punctuation
- Working knowledge of design principles and methods, and tools (Figma, Sketch, Miro, Invision)
- BA/BS degree or higher in Design, Design Communication, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent combination of education and experience in other related fields
- Experience participating in the complete product development lifecycle of web and/or software applications.
- Experience in user experience design or industry experience (corporate, software, web, or agency)
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.