Senior Content Designer at Chewy (Minneapolis, MN)
Chewy is dedicated to being the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. On the Product Design and Research team, we embrace this vision (and our pets!). We craft experiences that aim to delight customers (and the businesses and veterinarians that support them) and empower them to keep their pets happy and healthy. Our team of hard-working, collaborative, and fun-loving designers, content designers, researchers, and builders are looking for creative and driven talent to join the pack.
We are seeking a Senior Content Designer in Bellevue, WA | Boston, MA | Minneapolis, MN | Plantation, FL to join the Chewy Content Design team. The ideal candidate will be an excellent design thinker, writer and editor who uses content to translate customer and business needs into well-crafted products. You know how to shape the voice of a product and deliver on content that enables pet parents to accomplish their goals in the most elegant and enjoyable way possible.
Chewy’s Content Design team uses content to solve problems and create a cohesive experience across the entire Chewy ecosystem. As a Senior Content Designer on the Core Shopping team, you will help pet parents find just the right toys, food, and medicine to help keep them happy and healthy. You will support pet parents who are looking for their next pet, buying an insurance plan or using veterinary telemedicine. You will also contribute directly to content design documentation and processes to take Chewy’s content to the next level.
What You will Do:
- Transform customer and business objectives into compelling products that have purpose, simplicity, and are feasible to build.
- Manage the content design process for your projects from end to end: Discovery and concept ideation, flows and proto-content, and full-fidelity designs.
- Drive content-specific deliverables for a specific challenge, such as content audits, messaging frameworks, and dynamic copy solutions.
- Develop multiple solutions for a specific challenge that can be delivered across a range of products, platforms, and devices with a bias for action and crisp prioritization.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, product managers, developers, content designers, user researchers, and product designers.
- Champion cohesion and consistency to unite a growing family of products.
- Clearly present your strategy, design process, inspiration, and decisions to stakeholders, including C-suite executives.
- Partner with a team of content designers to demonstrate the impact of content work and put engaging content that meets users’ needs at the center of the design process.
- Nurture Chewy’s culture and principles within your team and help grow the content design practice.
- 5+ years of professional experience with user experience writing, content strategy, content design, or similar
- 1+ years leading large-scale content initiatives across multiple customer touchpoints, such as user interface copy, email, and help content
- Deliver high-quality UI copy that delivered results and demonstrates the depth of your skills as a problem-solver and writer; illustrated in a portfolio or case studies
- Demonstrate understanding of when and how to use content design methods to define goals, write, document, and iterate on copy
- Experience communicating and presenting complex problems clearly
- Evaluate impact of content decisions on end users, business needs, and the overall product ecosystem
- Bachelor’s Degree (English, Communications, Design, or HCI preferred) or equivalent work experience within a related field
- Position may require travel.
- Record of accomplishment of delivering personalized, dynamic content for multiple audiences
- Experience testing and iterating on copy with user research methods or other testing methodologies
- Experience developing, adapting, and governing content guidelines, such as voice and tone guides
- Experience collaborating directly with designers using Figma
- Experience with design systems and working on merchandising content
Deliver products and results
You use your expertise in user experience design methods to hone the details while keeping the entire product experience front and center. You plan your work and identify the right approach to any given design challenge, and you use customer outcomes and business metrics to hold yourself accountable. Your work demonstrates how you push the boundaries of design and product innovation.
You build trust across the team by helping others achieve their goals. Your constructive communication and collaboration style enables you to quickly build consensus and influence people across your team.
Operate at Depth
You identify the underlying customer needs and business problems that are critical to a successful product. You use storytelling and facilitation to drive alignment. For any solution you propose, you can clearly articulate the pros and cons. Your judgment allows you to make smart trade-offs between time and effort to ensure the best possible outcome.
Build High-Performing Teams
You model and mentor your peers to help us create a high-functioning team that is continuously learning and improving design delivery. You coach peers in design skills you mastered to continuously improve design quality and impact. When you see an issue, you act quickly to resolve or escalate it.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]