Senior Content Designer at Mozilla
The Firefox UX team works on products and services that keep the Internet open and accessible for all. We are a global, mission-driven organization and we strive to put people’s needs at the core of everything we do.
As a Senior Content Designer on the UX team, you will bring a deep appreciation for and expertise in the role language plays in the design process. You will collaborate closely with UX designers and user researchers on fully remote, cross-functional teams to co-design experiences in our core browser products. You’ll write the words that help people accomplish tasks in Firefox.
In this role, you are responsible for:
- Creating content requirements and all content deliverables for priority projects (deliverables include content audits, strategy and planning documents, microcopy, taxonomies, nomenclature and style guidelines, copy decks, release notes, etc.).
- Working closely with your UX colleagues, as well as product management, engineering, localization, and legal, to define and measure success. You will be responsible for ensuring the resulting content meets requirements and is production-ready.
- Contributing to the content design practice by following existing guidelines, proposing new guidelines, and sharing insights and best practices within and outside of the UX department.
- Sharing your work and providing feedback to other design team members to ensure a cohesive design language across products and experiences.
- Using existing Firefox research and data to surface insights that help to solve business and user problems.
- Partnering with designers and researchers to run evaluative and usability tests of prototypes, with a focus on copy and content design issues.
We are seeking a team member who:
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to solve user problems and create copy and content design deliverables for product development.
- Has 5+ years of professional UX writing/content design/content strategy, editorial, or copywriting experience.
- Has experience working on a product design team in an agile environment.
- Can write clearly and concisely, with an appropriate voice for product, and a lens for global localization.
- Has a passion for quality content and thoughtful work.
- Strives to understand the needs of users, and leads with research and insights.
- Interest in and commitment to inclusive writing.
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above we still encourage you to apply!
As a successful Sr. Content Designer, you are able to:
- Advocate for a product, and especially content, that is accessible, inclusive, and reflective of the needs of diverse audiences
- Demonstrate how your content addresses business goals and user needs
- Collaborate effectively and proactively with people within and outside of UX
- Communicate ideas articulately and compellingly
- Bring a holistic, systems-thinking approach to every project
- Drive to clarity, and serve as a connective tissue between teams
- Manage competing priorities efficiently and act on decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Help grow the reach and impact of the content design practice
- Bring a healthy sense of humor and perspective
About content design at Mozilla
As the third content designer on the User Experience team, you’ll be joining a small-yet-mighty team that supports the Firefox desktop and mobile browsers. Content designers typically embed with cross-functional teams on priority projects. We also support as-needed string requests, develop and implement content frameworks, and support content needs for the Firefox design system. To learn more about content design at Mozilla, read the Firefox UX Blog.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.