Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. Today, the Whatnot team is 120+ employees and will exceed 300 by year end. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.📈 Opportunity Size
The ecommerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is one of the largest opportunities for disruption in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $170B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!💻 Role
We are looking for a Sr Art Director to join the marketing design team at Whatnot! As a Sr. Art Director, you will work with leaders across the organization to ideate, create and execute campaigns, events and help evolve our brand .
What You'll Do
- Help evolve the Whatnot brand
- Drives the creative process to produce high-quality, original content
- Work closely with our go-to-market teams to launch new categories of content
- Provide creative ideas to enhance our brand, communication and advertising programs.
- Brings creative concepts to life through print, video production and motion design.
- Presents work to senior creative, cross functional business teams, and external partners.
- Guides communication with external creative partners, providing creative direction and revisions.
- Function as both an individual contributor as well as a director when working with our network of partners and freelance resources
- Minimum of 8 years art direction experience in the mediums of print, advertising, conceptual campaigns, branding, photography, digital media, product and motion design.
- Must have impeccable design skills.
- Shown ability to develop and guide thoughtful, meaningful, provocative creative with an extraordinary eye for detail.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Highly collaborative, with strong communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. 3D software is a plus.
- Online portfolio that showcases your work.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working space
- Up to $500 monthly to spend within Whatnot App
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.