PV Designer at LGCY Power
About LGCY Power:
LGCY Power is seeking highly motivated industry specialists to join our growing team of elite solar and business professionals. We are seeking individuals that are ready to help us deliver on our mission: to provide an extraordinary customer experience while becoming the best version of ourselves, and helping others to do the same.
LGCY is one of the fastest growing residential solar providers in the nation since 2014 and has been recognized as “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor.
As a PV Designer, you will be responsible for learning and refining our process of designing code-compliant residential solar photovoltaic systems following engineering department policy. This is an entry level position focused on developing individuals to become qualified PV Designer. This is a fast paced, yet detail-oriented position.
- Manage all as-built requests for approved in-field design changes
- Execute designs that adhere to grid compliance and permitting requirements
- Maintain design compliance by referencing structural, electrical and fire codes
- Perform accurate system sizing calculations
- Create permit applications for submission in different jurisdictions
- Efficiently conduct BOM preparation
- Design solar projects using multiple programs and software
- Troubleshoot design and construction issues in the field and communicate updates accordingly
- Assist with additional tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to work in a regular office environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Communicate effectively, professionally, and kindly
- Obtains a strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer and technical programs quickly
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, but not required
- One year of experience in AutoCAD or similar software preferred, but not required
- One year of experience in the solar industry preferred, but not required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- 8 paid holidays
- Attractive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) option with employer match
- Opportunity for career development and advancement with a rapidly growing company
- High-energy, fun, and friendly culture
- Flexible PTO
LGCY Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Consistent with that goal, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
LGCY Power uses the E-Verify employment verification program.