Program and Curriculum Designer at Instructure (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:01 p.m. (CST) on Monday, September 26, 2022
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
Instructure’s Content & Design Branch is seeking an education professional to support Canvas Credentials, formerly Badgr, and our Elevate Academic Benchmarks curriculum review services.
What you'll be doing:
- 3 parts
- Create an unparalleled customer experience as you work with institutions to design world-class credentialing pathways with verifiable digital credentials based upon program competencies and outcomes.
- Collaborate cross functionally with other teams within the department providing expert guidance for the development of supporting documentation training services and products related to Canvas Credentials.
- Design and create digital badges and certificates using client branding guidelines.
- Work with instructors, SMEs (subject matter experts), and/or curriculum writers to provide an engaging experience for all types of Canvas courses (brick and mortar, fully online, hybrid, self-paced, blended learning, etc.)
- Build, support and maintain a pool of curriculum writers, aligners, and reviewers.
- Collaborate with Principal Program and Curriculum Designer in the management of curriculum development projects.
- Assign reviewers to projects according to the curriculum needing review.Gather client details on alignment services needs and communicate desired project outcomes to the curriculum review team.
- Communicate project status with clients and attend meetings where clients will be debriefed on project status updates along with a reviewer.
- Set up projects using the Elevate Standards Alignment system through which reviewers submit work.
- Monitor accurate submission of aligner invoices.
- Monitor curriculum development projects for on time and on budget completion.
- Create materials and collateral that support processes and documentation to help other team members create a top-notch experience for their clients
- Improve the level of understanding of Canvas Credentials benefits and Elevate Standards Alignment by providing online courses, webinars, workshops, and other resources in support of research-based teaching practices
- Perform paid discovery for design clients including estimating how long a project is going to take, providing examples of work, creating proof of concept, and determining a cost proposal
Canvas Credential Services
Coordination of Curriculum Development Projects and Elevate Standards Alignment Services
Other activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graphic design skills to design digital credentials
- Demonstrated exceptional consulting experience relating to program development at the higher education level a must
- Canvas Credentials (formerly Badgr Pro) experience required
- Strong portfolio of courses where you have applied digital credentials & badges you have designed
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as active listening skills to promote effective meetings with clients, designers, and the Instructure team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects while meeting project deadlines
- Ability to present resources and facilitate conversation in a professional and polished manner
- Portfolio of courses where you have taken curriculum and transposed it into an LMS using best pedagogical practices.
- Corporate Perspective (ability to think beyond the educational realm, maintaining a pedagogical framework with a business lens)
- A Master’s degree or Doctorate degree in instructional design, adult learning, education technology, curriculum & instruction, or other design-related fields preferred
Get in on all the awesome of Instructure:
- Competitive salary, equity and 401k.
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.
More Information on Instructure
Instructure operates in the Edtech industry. The company is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Chicago, IL. Instructure was founded in 2008. It has 1233 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 9 open jobs at Instructure, click here.
Read Full Job Description