Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Design Systems team at Coinbase plays a critical role in executing on our vision to create more economic freedom for the world, and is at the center of execution for products across the entirety of the company. We’re building the most secure, trusted, and easiest to use cryptocurrency products for the millions of people just getting started with crypto, as well as long-standing loyal customers with advanced knowledge of the cryptocurrency space.
As a Production Designer you’ll contribute to our mission, vision and strategy by building scalable design systems across our suite of products that help people understand how to use cryptocurrency. You’ll work closely with Product Design, Engineering, UX Research, and Product Management teams to help build simple, easy-to-use systems that allow us to build exceptional Coinbase experiences.
- Create, maintain, and distribute easy to use Figma libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Execute design deliverables to support product design and engineering needs
- Produce clear specs that advocate our design language system
- QA work to ensure designs and creative assets are polished and ready for implementation handoff or final delivery
- Partner daily with cross functional partners including product design, engineering, and product management teams
- 3+ years of Production Design experience in a design systems environment
- Proficient visual designer
- You are enthusiastic about — and pay close attention to — the details
- You are a people person and love to collaborate
- Experience with asset optimization for various platforms and mediums
- Experience working with both product and brand design systems
- Self-guided, solutions oriented, and ability to work autonomously
- Thrives in fast-paced (sometimes ambiguous) environment
- Communicative, organized, and achieve consistent results
- Exemplary cross functional skills and stakeholder management experience
- Proficiency in the following design tools: Figma, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Low ego and open-minded
Nice to haves:
- Ability to automate workflows
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (Principle, Invision, Framer, After Effects)
- Asset creation: icons, illustrations, and UI components
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.