Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
This role is an instrumental supporting partner in most creative projects at Duolingo—from our mobile apps and website to the brand voice and email newsletters, and even community events. At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over crafting a user-friendly (and fun) experience for everyone.
- Stay abreast of issues on the floor, anticipate potential issues and elevate information appropriately to Managers and Supervisors.
- Communicate priorities and pertinent info effectively to artists, and assess their progress in meeting deadlines
- Enter and maintain production data in the studio's production databases to reflect scheduled, in-progress, and completed departmental work. Collaborate with other coordinators and managers to keep all data accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensure artists have what they need to complete their weekly assignments.
- Work with key partners to break down creative briefs and, help assign work, and develop an initial pass at a production schedule with deadlines informed by artist bids and other key factors.
- Respond to requests for information and assistance from those within and outside of the department.
- Prep for reviews by building the agenda and encouraging artists to show work. Take notes, and document approvals. Distribute information to the department afterward as well as follow up on action items.
- Handle the departmental meetings and calendar.
- Complete administrative tasks such as filling out expense reports and that artist timecards have been filled out
- Partner with Team Leadership to maintain a healthy team environment and culture.
- Minimum of 2 years Animation or equivalent industry experience
- Proficiency in software like Shotgun, Asana, Google Suite, and MS Office suite.
- Ability to prepare spreadsheets of varying complexity.
- General understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of production terminology and the production environment. Knowledge of animation terminology and environment a plus
- Take direction when needed, take the initiative where applicable, and seek guidance when necessary.
- Organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to multi-task a must.
- Strong people skills; can work as part of a team or autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to work with discretion and be sensitive to confidential information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Ability to quickly learn is crucial.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear manner
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Some work experience in new media production or in a startup environment
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.