Product Designer at Elementary (Remote)
Our team of 40 is growing fast with plans to double in the next 6 months alone. We just secured $30 million in Series B funding led by Tiger Global and Threshold Ventures, Fika Ventures, Fathom Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, and Idealab. With this new capital we plan to expand our engineering, sales and support teams to service an incredible list of recently acquired customers.
As seen in Forbes, TechCrunch and VentureBeat.
Elementary delivers a full-stack, AI-driven visual inspection solution for a wide variety of global manufacturers such as Toyota and Milwaukee Tool. Leveraging computer vision, edge computing, and cloud-based machine learning models, Elementary's proprietary platform is leading the way for massive change in automated manufacturing.
Our mission is to make manufacturing more efficient and less wasteful through scalable, automated, data-driven products that support strained quality inspection teams who continue to experience massive labor shortages due to the ever-expanding demand for manufactured goods. Our goal is to inspect 100% of products coming off of production lines, reducing manufacturing defects and eliminating costly and dangerous recalls of products that ultimately wind up in consumers hands.
We are headquartered in Los Angeles, CA with offices in Mexico City. Remote work available.
“There are few trillion dollar markets like manufacturing, and watching the execution level of the Elementary team to land and expand with global, Fortune 200 companies has been extremely exciting to be a part of.” - Mo Islam, Elementary Board Director and Partner at Threshold Ventures.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to help us refine our product as we scale to thousands of manufacturing facilities. This role on our Design team will partner closely with Product, Engineering, and Machine Learning.
What You'll Do
- Translate computer vision and AI workflows into intuitive experiences for non-expert users
- Contribute to our design system, establishing reusable patterns that scale across a variety of devices
- Explore complex problem spaces, rapidly iterate on solutions, and evaluate tradeoffs with Product
- Deliver high-fidelity designs that clearly communicate requirements to Engineering
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers through user research
- 2+ years of professional hands-on design experience
- Strong UX/UI design portfolio
- Proficiency in Figma or similar tools
- Ability to strongly articulate your work and rationale
- Eagerness to receive detailed, continuous feedback on your designs
- Experience designing enterprise products at a Series A-C startup
When joining Elementary, you’ll become an integral member of our small community and will receive the following benefits:
- Flexible vacation schedule
- Competitive compensation packages
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- A team culture focused on inclusivity, curiosity, personal and technical humility, ownership, and work/life balance
- Ability to work remotely