Product Designer at Fivetran
We are looking for a Product Designer with solid facilitation, research, visual, and service design skills to help drive our data accessibility mission. You will work closely with product managers, analysts, and engineers to understand customer issues, design innovative solutions, and ship finished products that allow our customers to make fast and accurate decisions about their business. Your portfolio presentation should demonstrate strong storytelling skills and a command of best practices and design principles.
Fivetran has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We appreciate design leaders who are curious, humble, think deeply, speak clearly, and thrive on collaboration and feedback. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello with links to your work and experience. This role will report directly to the Head of Design.What you’ll do:
- Translate high-level requirements and use cases from product managers, into detailed process flows, wireframes, and product designs.
- Drive end-to-end interaction design, gaining alignment on the design of dashboard features.
- Build team alignment and clearly articulate problem statements based on research and well-crafted user personas.
- Think in terms of systems, not just screens. Strive for pixel perfection with consideration for the holistic user experience.
- Actively present design to a broad audience and communicate your work clearly and concisely.
- Facilitate product design presentations for a broad audience, anticipate and address feedback, develop opinions, and gain alignment on product design efforts.
- Evangelize design thinking throughout the organization.
- You should have experience working with complex systems, data storytelling, and complex data-oriented use cases
- Portfolio of work showcasing that experience.
- A passion for complex problems and tools. You understand the goals and processes of engineers, data scientists, and analysts.
- You get excited about data. You can help our users ingest, explore, and transform their enterprise-scale data.
- You are great at collaborating. You share work early and often, and seek constructive feedback from product stakeholders, and the product design team
- Experience working closely with engineering to champion design at every step.
- Experience working in big data, AI, or data analytics.
- Experience building or working within design systems
- A desire to have fun while building a great product!
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs