Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.About the Opportunity
We’re seeking a product designer to help us build a simpler, more customer-centric home buying and selling experience. This role will report directly to our Lead Product Designer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.In this role, you will:
- Make a big impact on a small team building Homeward’s digital product experience
- Manage feature roll-outs end-to-end. Conduct research interviews and create wireframes and mockups for engineering then help test, release, and continually improve the final experience
- Support our emerging design system that includes fonts, colors, and components, to ensure a consistent user experience across our apps
- Collaborate daily with Product Managers and Engineers to translate user stories to compelling, pixel-perfect mockups
- Seek feedback and coordinated launch efforts with every segment of the organization from Operations to Customer Service to Finance
- Analyze what competitors are doing in the space to differentiate and distinguish our experience
- You have 3+ years product design experience, ideally in a high-performance startup or technology company.
- You apply analytic rigor to business problems combined with a deep empathy for users
- You’ve designed, launched and iterated on multiple responsive web apps and features, and have a portfolio to share with our team.
- Demonstrable mockup and prototype skills using industry standard tools such as Figma
- Experience conducting user interviews, user experience tests, and survey research
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- A strong outcomes-focused mentality and drive
- Enthusiasm about helping beyond the bounds of your day-to-day role
- A high degree of flexibility and coachability
- You’re able to ship quickly and adjust your process to fit the needs of an early stage startup. You create high-quality designs in short cycle times. You value shipping a good solution now over a great solution several weeks from now. At this stage of our company, we need to get our designs in front of customers so we can rapidly iterate on it.
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be.
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.