Product Designer at Afterpay
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:44 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people, and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 65,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Gap, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu, and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, where the brand is called Clearpay.
We’re missioned to reimagine and simplify customers’ shopping experiences, which become an embedded part of our customer’s lives. The Consumer App Design team is looking for a Product Designer to help bring amazing front-door experiences to customers around the globe.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Solve customer problems by synthesizing behavioral information and imagining things as they might be, not as they are
- Conceptualize a broad spectrum of ideas and then narrow based on experimentation and customer research
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, content strategists, product managers, engineers, marketers, and researchersSolicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- Execute compelling UX visions, flows, wireframes, visual designs, and prototypes to product experiences with artistry, creativity, and mastery
- Push and evolve design frameworks and patterns collaborating with the design system and brand team
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
- 5+ years of experience in user experience design, product design, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Interaction design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant fields
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Mastery of design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- A dazzling online portfolio demonstrating your strong craft and collaborative process
How we reward you. We have a pay-for-performance culture so you can expect to be rewarded for high performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives, and benefits including the opportunity to enroll in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We offer a wide range of insurance programs so you have the flexibility to choose what is best for you. Afterpay covers 100% of the employee cost and 75% of the cost of your dependents.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing, and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Read Full Job Description