M2GEN is an oncology-focused health informatics solutions company that leverages clinical and molecular data to accelerate the discovery and delivery of precision medicine. Founded in 2006 with a mission to enable a collaborative approach to fight cancer, M2GEN facilitates the Oncology Research Information Exchange Network (ORIEN), an alliance of 18 leading cancer centers across the United States that participate in HIPAA-compliant, IRB-approved protocol, and patient-consented Total Cancer Care (TCC) protocol to gather de-identified clinical and genomic patient data for research purposes. M2GEN currently has over 300,000 total consented patients who donate their clinical data and tissue so that others may learn from their experiences and develop evidence-based approaches to meet their needs.
We are merging data and science to become the world's leading research platform for the oncology care ecosystem. Our purpose is to connect patients to a cure by accelerating the discovery and development of precision medicine.
As a Product Designer at M2GEN, you will contribute to the user experience of a Product from conception to launch in partnership with agile teams in Product, Engineering, Data Science and Analytics. This opportunity allows you to flex your entrepreneurial spirit and polished aesthetic sense to define and design digital experiences that bring our platform vision to life.
The Product Designer will have the opportunity to apply modern design thinking principles to software products and services that will help researchers, providers and patients beat cancer. Our product portfolio supports researchers and providers using clinco-genomic data to advance drug development and connect patients to early-stage clinical trials. We support researchers and providers by enabling a connected eco-system of collaboration and shared software and services. You will have the opportunity to apply best practice user design principles to solve our key customer challenges.
What You Will Do
- Lead user research design sessions with researchers, providers and patients to identify areas to solve and apply human factor design principles to products and services.
- Lead user research discovery to understand the customer journey over time and define how products and services across the portfolio will solve experience challenges to achieve positive outcomes across the customer journey.
- Lead problem solving discussions with internal stakeholders to ensure all necessary inputs are considered and the team collectively makes decisions that reflect the voice of the customer.
- Define, design and deliver design prototypes (lo-fi) and wireframes that can be used to demonstrate the user experience and gather feedback directly from the customer.
- Define, design and deliver functional, intuitive and delightful user experiences that increase adoption of the products and services.
- Collaborate on the end-to-end product delivery lifecycle including discovery, requirement definition, build and release.
- Use good judgement and anticipate consequences decisions.
- Systems-oriented mindset.
Experience and Expertise
- 3 + years in user research and user experience product design
- 3+ years product design for data products
- Knowledge of service design methods such as service blueprints, journey mapping, information flow mapping and service prototyping.
- Experience digging into complex design challenges by leveraging quantitative and qualitative research
- The ability to design at various levels of user research and input including end-end customer journeys, interactions and touchpoints for specific use cases.
- The ability to understand information hierarchies and design patterns to produce high quality designs using tools such as Figma.
- Ability to analyze the voice of the customer and translate into design requirements
- Agile product design expertise across full product lifecycle
- Ability to thrive and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand, listen and collaborate, fostering a productive team environment with both stakeholders and team members.
Nice to Have
- Healthcare experience is ideal, but not required
- Experience with Sketch, Figma or comparable tools
- Experience with OKRs is a big plus
- One Team, All In
- Be Fearless
- Own It
Apply directly through our careers site Jobs at M2GEN
M2GEN is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We strive to be representative, at all levels, of the communities and patients we serve. In compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, M2GEN’s employment practices prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information (including family medical history), age, disability, marital or parental status (including pregnancy), political affiliation, veteran status, military service, or other non-merit based factors.