BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
As a leading open SaaS solution, BigCommerce provides merchants with sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customization, and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands of B2B and B2C companies across 120 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create beautiful, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Skullcandy, Sony, and Woolrich. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in San Francisco, Sydney, and London.
Our mission is to power unrivaled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using BigCommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
About the role
Product designers at BigCommerce are part of the entire product development process, from concept to launch. They work closely with product managers, UX researchers, and engineers to build end to end solutions by understanding the customer problem, iterating on solutions, and shipping finished products. As a Senior Product Designer at BC you will have autonomy to shape the products you work on, while being able to learn from and collaborate with a collaborative team of seasoned professionals.
As a Product Designer you will cultivate an understanding of customer problems and craft experiences that enable our merchants and their businesses to flourish and succeed. You’ll define the experience for managing customers – people who purchase from a merchant’s store – in BigCommerce and partner with stakeholders to explore how merchants sell to other businesses (B2B) and its impact on the Customers domain. Your work will be crucial to set a long term vision for B2B and further our mission to help our merchants grow their businesses and sell anywhere.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to identify product direction, feature set and behaviors for Customers.
- Explore the problem space through the lens of merchants, developers and partners, competitor solutions in the market and trends in e-commerce.
- Run user interviews and validation of designs, in partnership with product management and user research.
- Create flows, sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups to communicate concepts, solicit feedback, and validate solutions; facilitate an aligned vision among your team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other designers to determine appropriate usage and evolution of patterns, ensuring our solutions are consistent and familiar.
- Work collaboratively with design leadership to inform and improve processes, tooling and culture.
- Lead by example - do great work and share what you’ve done with others at BigCommerce.
- Collaborative. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team sport.
- A systems thinker. You understand how to define guidelines with structure and flexibility to make the product desirable and usable. Taking the complex and making it simple is a challenge that brings you joy.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You have a desire to learn about technology, design, ecommerce, your users, basically anything that will make you a better designer.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience and what are ‘bells and whistles’.
- User-centered. You care deeply about your users and take extra steps to ensure your designs are addressing their problems.
- Seasoned. You’re comfortable working in a fast paced environment and understand the design process well enough to know when to employ it and when to skip steps.
- Fun! You're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
Skills & Abilities:
- 2+ years experience working as a product designer shipping successful products to users
- A portfolio that demonstrates problem solving through end-to-end design from discovery to delivery, showcasing strategic thinking, visual and interaction design
- Ability to understand business goals, think strategically and work cross functionally across teams
- Experience with and appetite to work on large-scale, integrated solutions for SaaS or complex enterprise applications; designing publishing or web page building tools a plus
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise designing and prototyping in tools like Figma, with exceptional attention to detail
- Have worked closely with engineering teams in a Scrum or Agile framework
What's in it for you
- Work for the product company and directly with our customers and partners
- Collaborate with local and international teams
- Learn from a team of senior professionals
- Be a part of a fast-growing company
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and benefits
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.