Product Designer (UX/UI) at PayIt (Kansas City, MO)
PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company on a mission to bring governments and people closer together through our award-winning, SaaS platform.
When PayIt started, it was difficult (or just plain impossible) to renew a Driver’s License or pay a court ticket in a mobile, quick, or convenient way. PayIt, along with our award-winning government partners, has made processes like going to the DMV or to a county courthouse, one that you can do right from your smartphone or computer. Since then, PayIt has been building an entire business toolkit for local and state government agencies while simplifying doing business with government agencies by consolidating hundreds of services and payments into one connected experience for citizens. Meanwhile, through our secure cloud-based platform, we have reduced friction for the everyday citizen, making digital government services accessible, equitable, and efficient.
We are well funded, we have picked up awards from Forbes, FAST Design (alongside McDonald’s and Nike), our CEO has won EY Entrepreneur of the Year award, and we have been recognized as a leader in our industry as a GovTech 100 the past six years in a row.
PayIt is looking for an innovative and energetic Product Designer with an eye for Visual Design to join the Product Experience Design Team at PayIt. You will be joining our team at an exciting and important time. You’ll be at the ground level of major new design lead initiatives that will define the future success and look and feel of PayIt products.
Our mission to provide modern technology solutions to all citizens includes a focus on providing equitable and accessible government services. We put the end users at the center of all that we do.
You will be involved in all aspects of the product development process, from crafting the vision and creative direction, making decisions based on user feedback, and keeping an eye to the future so our users continue to be successful.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers and others to create simple and engaging user experiences. Be responsible for creating and expanding the UX and UI of PayIt’s platform of products.
- Create pixel-perfect UI designs with accessibility and responsiveness in mind, and hand off specifications to developers.
- Contribute to and maintain PayIt’s Design System and brand guidelines.
- Create wireframes, user flows, and other deliverables to communicate the user experience of a given feature.
- Collaborate with UX Designers and own the visual design delivery of a given feature.
- Incorporate insights from user research into your design decisions.
- Represent Product Design for the organization. From day to day work with your team to cross-functional interactions, you are a great communicator and share your enthusiasm and user centered design insight with the organization.
What You’ll Need to Have:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience working in Product Design, as a UX/UI Designer or within a similar field.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s in a Design curriculum or gained relevant work experience in the Design field.
- Able to create pixel-perfect UI designs for all states and devices.
- Create detailed UI specifications for handoff to development.
- Familiarity with designing for Accessibility using WCAG guidelines.
- A strong ability to assess Information Architecture and create simple and engaging Interaction Designs.
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving and an ability to iterate rapidly. You see the difference between work that is “ready” vs work that is “perfect”.
- Ability to solve complex problems with User Centered Design methods.
- A collaborative approach to solving problems that includes leading brainstorms, workshops, and design reviews with Product and Engineering teams.
- The ability to communicate the value of Design to clients, engineering, and leadership.
- Great communication and organization.
- Experience with leading Design Tools (i.e. Sketch, InVision, Figma)
- An ability to set aside ego and work together to find the best solution for the team and the end user.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to laugh. We make the most of remote work during the pandemic by finding time to have fun and genuinely enjoy each other’s company.
Why Work For Us:
- Our most important resource is our people. We value your feedback and have a unique environment where collaboration and bottom-up feedback about the problems we are solving is critical to our daily success.
- Saving someone’s day is a rewarding way to spend yours. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and directly impact the lives of our neighbors, friends and ourselves.
- We know how to have fun and work toward something bigger than ourselves.
- Competitive salaries along with an excellent benefits package.
- Flexible and friendly work environment. We offered flexible working arrangements long before a global pandemic forced other companies to adapt.
- We believe our culture permeates throughout our product and service, so it’s one of customer-first.
- We’ll provide all the resources you need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
High aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team. We’re about openness, integrity, accessibility and great communication.
The usability of our products, sharing of ideas across teams, and commitment to the cities, counties, and states we serve are values.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Stay Up To Date On everything: Follow Us On Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.