Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Our Upwork Talent Growth team is responsible for the end-to-end user experience for talent. By owning key workstreams, you will have the opportunity to reinvent how freelancers find and manage their work. As a dedicated product designer on this team, you will work closely with your PM, Engineers, and research partners to design end-to-end experiences from discovery, ideation, through execution and production.
In this role, you’ll own key workstreams that help onboard new talent into the freelancing space. You’ll dig into user challenges, define mental models, and uncover ways to provide engaging, intuitive, and high-quality user experiences!
You’ll also be part of a passionate, supportive and collaborative team of designers, researchers, and content designers who gather frequently to share work, get feedback, socialize and learn from each other!Your Responsibilities:
- Be curious. Learn about our users, build deep insight into their needs, advocate for them and deliver impactful experiences that connect their goals to business context.
- Collaborate with our user researchers, product managers, data scientists, developers, content writers, and fellow designers to frame problems and take ideas from concept through implementation.
- Care about quality and the fine details of our product design, producing attractive solutions that encourage trust, connection, and joy.
- Communicate and share your concepts to a broad range of partners, ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets.
- Further strengthen our design team through mentorship, design critiques, and knowledge sharing.
- Strong knowledge of your users and determination to keep them and their goals at the heart of everything you do.
- Curious and innovative, asking “what if” and exploring multiple angles and possibilities.
- An excellent teammate. You believe we are stronger together and are energized when you’re in a room (a virtual room) with thoughtful, outspoken people.
- Diligent about design details. You produce pixel-tight, attractive work that other companies will look to emulate.
- A strong work ethic and a readiness to focus and commit. You can lead a project from start to finish and passionately pursue high-quality designs that deliver memorable experiences that users will love.
- A growth mentality. You look to tackle new challenges and stretch your abilities to improve the team, the business, and yourself.
- You assume the best in people and treat everyone with patience and respect.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.