The mobile team is a steward of the customer experience and foundational quality of all Dropbox mobile apps. We own the experiences of the main Dropbox mobile app in addition to collaborating with partner teams around the company as they design for mobile.
This role will be focused on growing our paying user base by helping users realize value in our paid plans for the long term. This means bringing to market a range of paid offerings to fit the needs of various customer segments, surfacing these offers appropriately, and ensuring users continue to experience the value promised.
Additionally, you’ll be a part of defining processes and teaching best practices for mobile, supporting design sprints with a mobile focus, and maintaining a high craft bar within our mobile products!
- Driving discovery and planning with your PM partner on immediate roadmaps and longer term strategies related to how we grow our paying user base and increasing the value they realize within each plan.
- Running sprints or related exercises to work quickly through synthesizing insights and solution iterations with regular contact with customers throughout.
- Executing detailed and thorough designs accounting for edge cases and technical constraints.
- Socializing and collaborating with your immediate team in addition to more broadly across Dropbox.
- 3+ years of UX-related work experience
- Prior experience working on ‘growth,’ customer plans, purchase experiences or similar projects.
- Prior experience designing for Mobile surfaces across iOS/Android. Including knowledge of Apple HIG and Google Material Design.
- Excellent interaction design skills including some experience with prototyping mobile experiences.
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other designers, researchers, product managers and engineers.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects from discovery through shipping/iteration.
- Steadfast empathy for our users, their lives, and what they hope to gain from using Dropbox.
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
- Comfortable with travel, potentially quarterly post-COVID.