Product Designer (L2) at Twilio (Remote)
Join the team as our next Product Designer (L2).Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to reimagine the Twilio user journey for customers in specific verticals such as finance, retail, healthcare, and public sector.
In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, and design experiences and tools that enable our industry-specific customers to manage the end to end customer journey from onboarding, build, launch, operate and scale.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Be the voice of our industry-specific customers in every conversation and decision across all of Twilio’s products and services to advance the user experience.
- Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- Navigate ambiguity through a scientific mindset - stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting.
- Get your hands dirty and have a get-it-done mentality.
- Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: research, design, prototyping, testing, iteration, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Has experience in designing complex B2B systems that scale, operating models and consistent design tooling across matrixed teams designers, engineers, and product managers.
- Has experience driving strategy and vision, shepherding throughout the product life cycle across multiple teams and partners.
- Can collaborate with product managers to explore problems and identify high-impact opportunities for the business.
- Can ideate and validate solutions based on user research, quantitative and qualitative data and analytics, with first-hand experience in conducting discovery and research methodologies.
- Can make informed decisions amid ambiguous situations while considering the goals, constraints, and risks.
- Readily applies design thinking methodologies to drive alignment across different teams and partners.
- 2+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Human Factors, Information Science, Computer Science, or Psychology.
- Experience in Financial, Retail, Healthcare, or Public Sector verticals.
- Experience designing configurable B2B products.
- Experience conducting UX research.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $90,320 - $124,190.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.