Product Designer - D2C Growth at Calm
Who we are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What we do:
The Product Designer will be the design lead for our newest team focusing on Product growth at Calm. They will partner with Product Management, Engineering, Data Science, and Marketing to plan efforts to bring new customers to Calm. This role requires someone with a deep understanding of the variety of motivators and deterrents that arise when people are considering digital products, subscriptions, or wellness. We hope to find someone who is excited by bringing forward their skills and passion around a number of areas including product marketing, quantitative and qualitative data, copy strategy, design systems, accessibility, and web standards.
A great fit for this role will love talking to others about their work in structured and unstructured settings. A person who thinks an amazing product experience starts with how someone first engages with a brand, before ever using their products or services. Someone who agrees that delightful design ideas can come from anyone in the company and welcomes diverse perspectives to the discussion. At Calm we believe in making relaxation, better sleep, and mindfulness accessible to the entire world, and we hope you will help us achieve our mission.
What you will do:
- You take pride in designing easy-to-use, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. Balancing design forward-thinking with approachability
- A passion for bringing new ideas to the table, as well as a deep understanding of what tactics are being used across the competitive landscape
- Build working relationships with cross-functional partners across Marketing, Lifecycle, User Acquisition, and Core Product teams
- Must have experience with modern interface design tooling. We use Figma and Principle predominantly (but not limited to that). Also, a healthy interest in learning new tools as they become viable
- Design system-centered approach to building experiences. You love creating modular and smart interfaces that reduce complexity and fragmentation
- Bringing data into your decision-making and rationale, understanding how your work is performing with a literacy of the measures being applied to it. Leveraging tooling like Amplitude, Google Analytics, or Fullstory
- Comfortable with different software development platforms and tools. We currently use JIRA and Confluence
- Balance working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel
- Attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high-quality execution
Who you are:
- Professional experience of 4+ years working in interface and user experience design, with a demonstration of working on growth initiatives for consumer products
- Executing end-to-end design initiatives for web-based experiences, from conception with stakeholders to final implementation with engineering
- Proven understanding and experience with information architecture, interface design, interaction design, and prototyping. Translating high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transforming them into useful, intuitive, and functional designs
- A great track record in working closely with Product Managers, Researchers, and Data Analysts to develop product requirements, creating and validating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders
- Demonstrating prior use of qualitative and quantitative methods to validate design decisions and strategy. We believe in leveraging everything from user research to data analysis to help empower our decision-making
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.