Product Design Lead at Orchard (Remote)
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 700 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work.
About the Role
Orchard is seeking a Product Design Lead to join our team helping us deliver a seamless experience to our customers by reducing the complexity of end-to-end real estate transactions. Our product acts as an operational hub to centralize processes across all of our users ranging from home advisors to title agents, lenders and even construction teams, enabling a consistent and delightful customer experience. As a Product Designer on this team, you will have the opportunity to develop domain expertise, work directly with our in-house real estate and operations teams, and design experiences that directly impact our business and customer experience.
In this role you’ll work on projects ranging from designing intuitive workflows and tooling to support our in-house agents, to creating net new features and experiences for our consumer facing product, and even contributing to our new and evolving internal design system. You will own the design process end-to-end, identifying opportunities through user research and translating insights into simple and usable experiences that make a meaningful impact on Orchard’s success and allow us to deliver on our mission of making buying stress-free, fair, and simple. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience working on fast-paced, collaborative teams and a passion for solving complex consumer problems from ideation to execution.
What You’ll Do Here
- Lead the design of new products and features to serve the needs of our internal team members and end customers.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering partners to drive strategy and planning of Orchard’s mortgage experience; articulate the long, medium and short term opportunities to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Lead user research related to the mortgage experience (with end customers and our in-house Home Loans team), and communicate insights to help the team deeply understand the customer problems were solving
- Work iteratively to validate hypothesis, understand how customers are engaging with the product and identifying opportunities to improve our rethink our solutions to drive critical business goals alongside a delightful user experience
- Act as a leader within the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to level up with quality of work and increase the impact of the team overall
- Play a key role in shaping the future of Orchard
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 5+ years experience designing digital products and systems, ideally working on consumer facing products
- An established process for thinking through complex problems and an ability to analyze and resolve UX flows that bridge the online and offline experience
- Deep empathy for the customer that drives design and product decisions
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to drive work forwards.
- Experience surfacing product initiatives and identifying opportunities for design-led projects and the ability to successfully advocate for work.
- Lead complex design projects independently, sharing work frequently with feature teams, designers, and senior/executive leadership to get buy in and maximize impact
- Eagerness to learn, a track record for being self-driven
- A bias to action and are able to work creatively to unblock yourself, balancing quality and time to drive impact
- Ability to lead and influence without being the a direct manager
- Interest and excitement about complex systems and solving new, challenging problems in a sector ripe for innovation
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.