We are looking for a Product Designer to join our Professional team to focus on solving the problems that prevent Creative Professional, as well as other Professionals like teachers, lawyers, accountants, and contractors, from doing their most inspired work centered around the content they create. In the short term, the Professional team is experimenting on different ways to bring value to the Professional through end-to-end workflows, learning what makes them zing, and connecting the tools they use to Dropbox so they can crush their day-to-day from one place.
This role is best suited for a Product Designer who is energized by framing problems clearly, generating solutions, building rich experiences, prototyping and testing ideas with users, and shipping high quality experiences that delight our customers.
In this role, you will flex your interaction design, visual design, solution generation and design process in general. You will stretch into the Dropbox Core organization and collaborate with multiple partners to bring the vision to life. You will also have the opportunity to expand on the vision, validate direction, and find new and exciting ways to bring value to our customer.
This role is special because it is focused on bringing value directly to the Creative Professional by creating new value, as well as collaborating across the company and bringing the value that other teams are creating to the Creative Professional.
Lastly, you’ll be a part of more than just the Professional team — you will be part of Dropbox design. You will learn from, and give back to, some of the best designers around the globe.
Veterans encouraged to apply!Responsibilities
- Framing problems and solutions, and helping to align your team on the path forward through a design led-lens.
- Collaborating with Product, Research, Data Science, Content Design, and other partners to identify customer centered problems.
- Exploring a wide breadth of solutions, and pushing the boundaries on what great solutions might look like.
- Leading design Sprints, brainstorms and other generative working sessions.
- Designing polished interfaces, meaningful interactions, holistic experiences and identifying and solving for edge cases.
- Working independently, and with Research partners, to test your designs.
- Collaborating with Engineering partners to surface technical challenges.
- Collaborating with Product, Research, and Data Science to assess the results of your projects, and determine what steps to take to iterate.
- Evangelizing and presenting learnings and best practices with other Designers across Dropbox.
- A candidate who has strong interaction design to execute great prototypes and ideas that will be coming out of the vision work
- A candidate who can step into a researcher role to validate ideas with our users and generate reports
- A candidate who can collaborate and work closely with other teams to either bring in other team’s features into Pro or work on a new feature together (an example of this is the collaboration that will need to happen between Pro-Mobile, Pro-Workflows, Pro-Flexible teams, to name a few)
- A candidate with strong visual design who can ship and execute at a high bar
- Someone who can collaborate with product partners (especially Engineering) to define edge cases, solutions, run design reviews, etc.
- A thought partner who will collaborate, challenge and work with me in bringing our vision to life by designing experiences as part of initiatives we'll execute on.
- Great at designing and prototyping and using the prototypes to tell a great story