Viz.ai, located in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Portugal and Amsterdam, pioneered the use of AI algorithms and machine learning to increase the speed of diagnosis and care for a variety of acute and emergent diseases across hospitals and health systems. The Viz Platform is a transformative, intelligent care coordination solution that unifies synchronized care collaboration, high fidelity mobile image viewing, automated workflows and improved visibility at decision-making moments. Viz.ai’s comprehensive neurovascular and vascular AI platform is clinically proven to save time and improve patient outcomes and access to care and is used in more than 1,000 hospitals in the US and EMEA. Viz.ai’s life science portfolio expands the power of the AI-powered Viz Platform to pharmaceutical and medical device companies who are leaning into digital transformation to bring life-saving therapies to market more efficiently. The company was named to the Forbes 2021 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list of the 25 fastest-growing venture-backed startups and has been on the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years. For more information visit viz.ai.
As we build and scale our company, we are looking for a Principal UX Designer who will:
- Help us invent, scale and drive adoption of our next-generation products and services. In this role you will work closely with design, engineering, and product partners to deliver and raise the bar for design solutions that elevate the end-to-end clinical experience.
- Create design prototypes, including wireframes, mockups, and workflows of varying fidelity for mobile web using Figma.
- Collaborate with product managers, customers, and other members of the UX and Engineering team to identify user needs and product specifications.
- Manage the product group’s workload for your UX team. Communicate with PMs and provide estimates with the insight they need to manage and plan releases. Prioritize and execute team tasks in a fast-paced environment.
You will love this job if:
- You want to develop products for physicians to dramatically improve patient outcomes.
- You have past experience developing UX for complex applications.
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You are meticulous and diligent
- You have a broad understanding of best UX practices and can leverage this knowledge to build intuitive applications for complex hospital workflows.
- 5+ years of experience working in a mobile and web UX practice.
- A working UX designer: you lead by example and are excited to teach our UX team to raise them to the next level in their career path
- As part of the leadership team, you develop a long-term strategy and set a vision. You map business goals to the appropriate design investments and outcomes. Your decisions have a bottom-line impact on the business and its competitive position.
- You are the primary owner of your projects, delivering vision, strategy, and artifacts. You also advise across other initiatives, helping magnify and accelerate innovation and delivery. You hold peers and teams to a high bar.
- You recognize business and customer opportunities outside your area and own driving resolutions. You focus executive leaders on important industry trends and design strategies. You participate in developing and driving programs to overcome our weaknesses.
- You mentor and/or actively sponsor the development of others. You are a role model within Viz for UX Design strategy and practice.
What success looks like:
- Within 2-3 months, you will be an expert on the market that your solutions will serve
- Users will fall in love with your product - and will not want to go without
- You will be the go-to person at Viz for any information regarding your product
Viz offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous vacation, and other great benefits to full-time employees.
Viz.ai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require Viz.ai employees to be fully vaccinated before any in-person meetings unless you are exempt.