Principal UX Designer (Prisma Cloud) at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
The UX team is looking for a rock star product designer with expertise in creating state of the art designs. You would join a team of like-minded people pushing the boundaries of web applications that tackle real problems in the information security space. You will apply your passion for craft to guide the design processes, mentor talented members of the team, and collaborate with leaders across teams to create innovative experiences.
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the broader vision over time
- Lead design projects and drive end-to-end product design
- Utilize design approaches like storyboarding, journey mapping, personas and etc, with the user-centered mindset
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including product managers, engineering, QA, researchers, and a UX writer to translate business requirements into use cases, flows, wireframes, and high fidelity designs
- Lead or collaborate with UX researchers on explorative or evaluative studies
- Ensure that product experience is relevantly aligned with business objectives
- Contribute to a design system, maintain high quality UX standards for our products
- Push limits and consistently aim for better design solutions
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to the design team
- Understand user-centered design methodologies, have strong empathy for the users, and are committed to be their fierce advocate
- Have an extraordinary aesthetic sense for beautiful designs and pay attention to all the details
- Maintain constant curiosity on business aspects of the products, and utilize the knowledge to distill complex needs into elegant designs
- Understand how the north star design concepts get broken down into iterative sprints
- Have a growth mindset and willingness to fail fast and learn
- Possess humility and maturity; welcome candid feedback and are able to give constructive feedback as well
- Deliver with industry-standard design tools: e.g., Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, After Effects, etc.
- Have Knowledge of and experience with working with UI teams using modern extended front-end web technologies (Angular, jQuery, React, Canvas, Polymer, Bootstrap and others)
- Own a design portfolio showcasing your excellent design work
- Have a college degree in design, human computer interaction, or related fields
- Advanced Career level experience
- cybersecurity/cloud security/netsec experience is preferred
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.