Join us as Ceros embarks on the next chapter in our mission to unlock creativity. Ceros is evolving into the essential design platform for professional creatives the world over. Our suite of cloud-based tools empower professional creators to push the boundaries of creativity, while our collaboration tools make it easy to get everyone involved in the process.
Today, our products power some of the most engaging experiences on the web. In 2021 alone, interactive content created with Ceros Studio — from landing pages and pitch decks to interactive social media — has been viewed more than half a billion times. In the meantime, more than 3 million comments have been added to digital content using Markup, our new visual collaboration tool.
Working at Ceros means having an impact at scale. Our products and services are leveraged by top tier brands such as Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull or Pinterest and are loved by more than 500,000 users. And we are building something even bigger and better: the creative operating system of the future.
We are backed up and well-funded by top-tier investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
We are remote first forever with a 4½ day workweek that finishes every Friday at 1pm.
The product you will be shaping is a one-of-a-kind platform that empowers our customers to effortlessly create high-end digital experiences. With this comes the opportunity to work on very unique and open-ended use cases within our creation-focused design tools as well as redefining the end-to-end creative collaboration workflow. Working at Ceros is a unique opportunity to push your capabilities and skills as a product designer and impact the future of digital content creation at scale.
The Principal Product Designer (UI and Brand) at Ceros is a very senior and hands-on role within the product design team. We are looking for a designer with exceptional talent in the product UI space, defining the product and brand vision and ensuring the best in-class visual and interactive design and execution of all our product touchpoints.
As a member of a remote first team, you embrace transparency, collaboration and proactivity.
Design skills that make you a great fit for the role
- Experience Expertise. You are endlessly curious about your customers and apply user-centricity and empathy to everything that you are doing. You are fluent in translating research into actionable insights, informing strategic product decisions and relevant design solutions.
- Design Depth. You have a long track record of translating highly complex and unique platform challenges into beautifully executed design solutions. You work both creatively and systematically across a range of connected products, being a key creative contributor to our evolving design system.
- Outcome Obsession. You are highly focused on your design craft and are considered to be a top player in the product UI design space, with an ambition and ability to push the quality of execution across a diverse range of products.
- Future Foresight. You are comfortable with ambiguity and excited to tackle strategic challenges. You live and breathe the product roadmap and are an expert in blending insight and data with a strong product intuition to make future-focused design decisions.
- Trusted Team-Player. You are a great collaborator as much as very comfortable to work independently and with a high degree of autonomy. You are well respected by your peers, confident in presenting and defending your designs, and you love mentoring junior designers.
- Develop the creative vision, and direction across key strategic and tactical product initiatives, both on the Ceros core product and the broader ecosystem
- Drive flawless design execution across key tactical design initiatives
- Create high-fidelity, pixel perfect UI screens, animations, micro-interactions and interactive prototypes
- Develop and document principles and guidelines to manifest the Ceros brand across product touchpoints
- Build, improve and expand our design system, ensuring brand coherence and visual excellence
- Review and support the product UI work of other designers / design teams, ensuring consistency and quality across all product touchpoints
- Build comprehensive visual design documentation and specifications
- User testing of design concepts at different stages of the design process
- Lead the day to day collaboration with other product and cross-functional teams across the business
- Collaborate closely with product engineering seeking efficient ways to implement and operationalize visual design assets and frameworks
- Develop an in-depth knowledge in the design / content creation / MarTech / SaaS domain
Practical stuff we anticipate you having
- 8+ years of product-centric UI design under your belt
- Exceptional visual design skills
- Ability to unify a growing portfolio of brands and experiences
- Has successfully established / implemented visual identities for leading product experiences
- Can translate high-level brand directions into well crafted product experiences
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end UX design process
- Fluidly works across visual designs motion graphics and interactive prototypes
- Loves to create - Is hands-on
- Can work on highly strategic initiatives with the ability to translate ambiguous into compelling product visions
- Expert in creating and maintaining complex design systems
- Track record of collaborating closely with developers, using modern tools and workflows (i.e. Storybook and React)
- Bonus items:
- Experience working in a remote-first environment
- Background in B2B or SaaS and/or No-Code creation platforms
Key things to know
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- This is a remote first role with the ability to work on east coast time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation days
- Wellness Fridays (Half Day Fridays)
- Excellent gear (Macbook Air, external monitor, etc.)
- Stipend for the home office set up
- Growth and Learning opportunities within the company
- Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
At Ceros, we are deeply committed to the recruitment, retention, and growth of diverse talent; uniting people from unique backgrounds in our shared passion for unlocking creativity through technology.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.