Principal Product Designer - Mobile at Verkada Inc
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and product managers in a highly agile development environment with quick ideation and prototyping.
- Build and foster a collaborative work environment.
- Run inspiring and formal brainstorming sessions with engineers, product, and other designers.
- Developing product strategies that deliver on customer needs and the company’s vision
- Build clear, concise and intuitive UX/UI with everything from low-fidelity wireframes to pixel perfect final designs.
- Mentoring junior designers, providing constructive feedback and elevating their work to the highest standards.
- Serve as a project lead, co-owning the final product with engineering leads.
- Manage multiple projects and stakeholder relationships.
- Manage and maintain a project’s scope and schedule.
- Initiate and participate in user research as needed on key projects.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- 8+ years of product design or mobile product design experience
- A drive to solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions
- Proven experience in creative problem solving and partnering with product, engineering, and other designers to do so
- Experienced in creating and integrating animated visuals and interactive design
- Proficient in: Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, After Effects, and Illustrator)
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Relocation assistance provided