Principal Product Designer - Mobile at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Timing is not everything, right? But, it can influence the opportunities a role gives you grow. And, right now, Upwork is in a special place with a rich environment for you to grow. Globally, companies are re-evaluating how, with whom, and where they stage their workforce. And, they're looking to us to help them figure it out. This is a fantastic time to join Upwork. Yes, it's true. We have a dream role for a Principal-level designer who is squarely focused on our mobile experiences. In this role, you will lead our mobile agenda across the portfolio.Your Responsibilities:
- Be the source of truth for our mobile design story across our entire portfolio, articulating where we are today, where we need to go, why we should go there, and how we should get there!
- Partner closely with a mobile product manager, mobile engineering team, and outstanding vendors.
- Think in terms of mobile design systems, not just mobile screens. Be the authority in mobile UX/UI design. Remain current with mobile trends in product and two-sided markets.
- Center our teams on user problems and help us uncover mobile moments of value.
- Sit at the intersection of really huge user value and hard problems and methodically create clarity and inspire energy.
- Partner with our Design Systems team to make sure mobile interests are represented in our Design symbols and in our Component Library.
- Draw connections across siloed workflows, and surface challenges and influence our core product teams to take action.
- Optimize how we show up in the App store and communicate back to teams what how apps are changing and mobile capabilities that could improve their experiences.
- Work with IC designers on their mobile design, elevating their work. As they build capabilities, make sure they really drive the expected user value.
- Look ahead in the roadmap and anticipate where connections need to be made that support your mobile vision.
- Partner with PM and ENG to think through mobile metrics, accelerating growth into the apps.
- Build a variety of design assets to communicate your concepts to a broad range of partners and end users; ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed mobile design.
- Facilitate cross-functional decision making using design-thinking methods.
- Skills and experience in user research, concepting, information architecture and product definition.
- Proven experience as a UX designer, dedicated to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successful desktop or mobile app launches
- Growing influence and empathy for end users in roles where the merit of your ideas matters most and where you don't benefit from hierarchy
- Ability to work seamlessly with Product, Engineering, Operations, and Customers
- Proven history of driving influence with c-suite executives, evolving company culture
- Proven history of delivering high-quality product experiences for myriad platforms including desktop, web, and mobile
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that fuels your capacity for building and growing business - we love seeing those side projects and design experiments
- ***Portfolio is required*** Please send with application.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.#LI-remote