Ever worked on a product where the requirements were dictated to you by stakeholders? Not at Pluralsight. We believe in Human-Centered Design, empowered teams, and the customer breaking the tie. Which means you will be working on a cross-functional team who all share the same focus: learning from our customers and using that knowledge to decide what problems to solve and how to solve them. This is why we look for practitioners who are passionate about understanding people, committed to lifelong learning, and are driven by the love of what they do.
As a Platform UI team, we explore and solve problems at the intersection of design and development. We support design systems, UI development, accessibility, browser performance, and mobile web. As a Platform UI teammate, you will provide shared UI and UX assets in the Pluralsight Design System system which is used across the Pluralsight family of products. Through the value of shared UI/UX, you will increase the usability of our products for our end-users. You will support 40+ cross-functional teams at Pluralsight, improving work efficiency and end-product quality.
Who you're committed to being:
- Entrepreneurial - we discover high-value things that need done and do them; empower ourselves even in the absence of guidance; can work without a project manager
- Communicator - articulate; a great storyteller; have the heart of a teacher
- Thought leader - contribute to interdisciplinary thinking; are a go-to authority among industry colleagues and peers
- Collaborative - we give and take feedback well; determine priorities and solutions together
- Inspired - we are enthused by the charter of the team and seek to contribute to its success
- Explorative - we try new things; track the state of the art; are self-motivated to try new experiments
- Distributed - we are comfortable building long-distance relationships with distributed team members; are a proactive team member
What you'll own:
Pluralsight Design System
- An existing range of core design values and a component library. Create and maintain these components and style libraries in Figma.
- Drive updates and improvements based on brand alignment, user research (including your own), and product team feedback.
- Design and ship high-quality user interface components and patterns for use across multiple products. Ensure the coded implementations are aligned with designs.
- Advocate for accessibility standards and inclusive design principles.
- Create and articulate a compelling vision of the Design System for the next 3-5 years.
- Devise experiments to test outcomes at scale. Do predictive quantitative analysis in order to identify meaningful leading indicators. Create your own dashboards.
- Build and evangelize design thinking culture and process.
- Create clear and concise documentation; articulate the why. Guide designers and engineers in their use of components and patterns.
- Inspire and support fellow Designers. Foster Design community at Pluralsight, inspire collaboration on holistic research questions, provide design critiques, and help designers build polished customer experiences.
Experience you'll need:
- 6+ years experience in product design, and a portfolio demonstrating exceptional interaction and visual design skills.
- Experience with design systems and strong system-level thinking.
- Proven ability to lead design strategy and execution.
- Solid understanding of accessibility standards and practices.
- Humility and openness to act on design feedback in an iterative design process
- Collaborative work across functions and organizational boundaries
We know there are candidates who might not fit everything we've described above, or who might have experience and skills we haven't considered. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply. Please include a link to your design portfolio.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself.Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.