Pacific Life - Sr UX Designer - Design System/Innovation Projects - Direct Hire [Remote] at Braintrust
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only (Time Zone: PST/CIST | Partial overlap)
- SALARY: $110,000 – $140,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week
Our client is investing in bright, agile, and diverse talent to contribute to their mission of innovating their business and creating a superior customer experience. They’re actively seeking a talented Senior UX Designer to join their Customer Experience Office, in Newport Beach, CA. This role can be on-site, hybrid, or 100% remote (depending on location).
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll play a key role in our client’s growth and long-term success by providing strategic and visual design direction for customer experience projects and initiatives. Additionally, you will be helping to build and support the Design System and mentor junior designers on the team. Your colleagues will include other UX designers, and you will interact with engineering, business analysts, and other stakeholders to deliver value across the organization.
The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable with human-centered design with experience leading and conducting user interviews. You should also have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX skills, and be able to create amazing experiences. You have at least 3+ years of UX design work and you can translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. You should be passionate about design, possess an overwhelming optimism to solve problems, and a willingness to test, learn, and iterate. As experienced as you are in design, you must also possess the ability to artfully push our culture.
How you will make an impact:
- Help tell the story of, and advocate for, the quality of exceptional user experiences across business units
- Exercise your expertise in UX design to deliver consistent and cohesive design standards across multiple projects
- Consider existing insights, technical and business constraints, business needs, and specific platform demands to produce data-informed design solutions
- Mentor and help direct junior designers, coaching through reviews and feedback, and supporting their UX growth
- Raise the capacity, skills, and quality of user-centered design
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Execute all visual and interaction design stages from concept to engineering build
- Conceptualize original ideas and bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Contribute and support the Design System
- Be a change agent within our organization
The experience you will bring:
- 3+ years of UX design work
- Leading and motivating teams
- Demonstrable UX design skills
- Solid experience in creating functional prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Proficiency in Figma including building components using auto-layout and variants
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up to date with the latest UX trends, techniques, and technologies
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical understanding
- Experience with Agile methodology and data-informed product development
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
What will make you stand out:
- You are a player/coach and servant leader with practical UX design chops
- You are hungry to learn and evolve things, from leadership to design craft
- You are familiar and comfortable with design systems
- You are a storyteller, able to clearly present ideas and inspire action
- You possess deep empathy and understand the user's perspective
- Ability to speak fluently to business people, partners, and developers
- Capable of influencing decision-making at all levels within the organization
- Diplomatic skills who can influence cross-functional teams without wielding formal authority
- You have a strong curiosity to experiment and learn new things.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.