WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This team of highly motivated and innovative thinkers develops internal and external messaging for Basis Technologies brand and product, Basis. Beyond speaking to specific functionalities, they understand the value of implementing Basis within the ad tech industry and are responsible for communicating those messages throughout the marketplace. Powered by cross-functional collaboration, they go above and beyond by demonstrating how Basis Technologies and Basis improve the lives of those working in our industry.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will be part of a small-and-mighty creative team that supports Basis Technologies brand promise, vision, position, and architecture across all marketing deliverables. Every week will be different from the next with a variety of projects—a personality that celebrates change and can pivot quickly is desired. You will also contribute by:
- Being a key creative addition to the Marketing team, handling a diverse range of projects for both external and internal audiences—elevating our brand with motion and video that apply to website, educational courses, advertising campaigns, and social media platforms for the company
- Developing, maintaining and extending a system of design standards across Basis Technologies marketing efforts with motion and video
- Conceptualizing and producing storyboards, designs, and animations for a variety of video types
- Creating After Effects templates to increase daily content output
- Building unique animated educational course videos incorporating voice, vector graphics, and edited video where needed
- Taking the video/audio you capture; edit to work with social platforms and website needs while staying on-brand visually and in the tone/energy of the material
- Using solid communication skills to talk through a design solution, receive feedback, and work through development—demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand visuals that explain tech topics in a relatable way or tell stories that connect with our brand
- Being a creative resource for the broader team—share shortcuts and design tips
- Researching current industry and design trends to keep Basis Technologies brand innovative and fresh for our audience across all publishing platforms
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3-5+ years of motion/video experience—any in-house work at an ad agency, ad tech company, or fast-paced sales/client services organization is preferred
- Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Cinema 4D, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Understand how to plan & capture video and audio on live shoots; good grasp of proper camera settings (shutter speed, ISO, aperture) and video lighting
- Strong editing abilities
- Healthy sense of visual design and typography
- Comfortable animating quick education or product ‘showcase’ clips
- Resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines with minimal direction at times
- Understanding of video codec; up-to-date on compression rates needed for web video vs large-scale event videos
- We sometimes have to share files with vendors or outside agencies so organization is a must
- An online portfolio showing relevant experience
- Illustration and 3D experience that translates into on-brand motion design
- Up-to-date on social media trends
- Broad appreciation for music and how it impacts visuals
- Bachelor's degree (or higher)
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.