At Liftoff, we're solving one of the core problems faced by every mobile app: growth. To help mobile businesses grow and succeed, we build sophisticated advertising technology which helps our customers connect with users who love their apps. Our technology is compelling and unique, and we're seeing excellent traction and growth as a result.
As a Motion Designer at Liftoff, your focus will be dedicated to one of the most critical formats of campaign success – video. You will develop short-form motion graphics advertisements for our customers' mobile brands to make them stand out and impress in the marketplace. Bringing your ideas to life will require online research, brainstorming creative ideas with other designers, capturing in-app footage, and designing compelling visuals to entice potential users. You'll be able to quickly iterate and measure the effectiveness of your videos by leveraging our large-scale A/B testing infrastructure. Over time, you’ll understand the unique best practices for in-app video marketing across a wide variety of verticals.
In short, your ideas will have a tremendous impact on the success of our customers and your work will help Liftoff scale into the next stage of growth.Why is this role exciting?
- You will join a small yet quickly growing team of motion designers at Liftoff, working within our global Creative team.
- You'll also work alongside focused and passionate product, commercial and engineering teams.
- There's tremendous demand for our services and we have exciting commercial traction. We're also well-funded and expanding globally.
- We're executing quickly: we use a lean product development process to test new ideas thoughtfully.
- We're a technology startup growing quickly and so will you! You'll wear many hats and have ownership over a large, critical part of our product offering.
- Perform customer research to source ideas and understand their brand requirements.
- Brainstorm and storyboard new concepts from customer-provided guidelines and assets.
- Design and build short-form videos: image and audio selection, graphic overlays, animation and transitions.
- Develop plug-and-play video templates for other ad producers to create and test.
- Build and present training materials on video editing software to improve the skillsets of our graphic designers and creative coordinators.
- Coordinate with account managers to communicate creative innovation to our customers.
- Run our rigorous creative experiments process and debrief the results of each major learning so that we can integrate the lessons learned into our future videos.
- Mastery of motion graphics software such as Adobe After Effects and Premiere.
- Proficiency in web or digital graphic design via Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong, proven work ethic.
- A data-driven approach toward design and creative analysis.
- Excellent English writing skills (experience writing advertisements is a plus).
- Organizational and tactical skills: you will be coordinating many projects in parallel.
Liftoff+Vungle is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. Liftoff+Vungle is further committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender (including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender nonconformity, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition(s), genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status, family care status, requesting or taking pregnancy, parental or disability leave, requesting an accommodation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. All such discrimination and harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. Liftoff+Vungle maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects the full cooperation of all personnel.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Liftoff+Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Liftoff+Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Liftoff+Vungle Recruiting Team and such a candidate was submitted to the Liftoff+Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.