Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn interest. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Customer Insights
As a company, we are building a culture of customer obsession and Customer Insights is the cornerstone. User experience is foundational to how we create intuitive and innovative products and experiences that delight our customers. We used mixed methods research to understand our customers’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy, design, and improvements. We evangelize the customer experience and make insights usable across the company.
Join a dynamic and tight-knit team of UX designers, visual designers, product managers, front end and mobile engineers to expand and codify Gemini’s digital identity. As a UX Researcher, you live and breathe the user experience; guided by data and business objectives. You will be an advocate for the people who use our products as well as the teams that build them. This role reports to Gemini’s Customer Insights Director.
You have experience delivering high-quality research with measurable business value. You must become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders, including articulating the integral role of research to the business.
- Collaborate and partner with product execution teams to understand product objectives and identify research questions.
- Scope, design, and conduct independent research using a variety of qualitative research methods, using quantitative methods when necessary, to uncover user behavior and attitudes.
- Analyze, interpret, and socialize research insights to ensure teams make user-centric, data-driven decisions
- Collect and analyze user behavior through concept testing, usability tests, surveys, diary studies, in-depth interviews, and A/B testing
- Serve as a source of user knowledge for the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience within User Experience, HCI, applied research setting, and/or product research and development
- Experience with consumer products and or fintech products
- Experience directly conducting primary research (either qualitative or quantitative) end-to-end (i.e., designing, fielding, analyzing and reporting out data)
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Track record of communicating user research findings with cross functional partners to drive impact
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.