Manager of Instructional Design and Development at AbleTo (Remote)
Join our mission-driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality care and offer a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Our outcomes-focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
Develop and manage the development of innovative and engaging multi-media training content incorporating best practice instructional design principles and adult learning theories. Create processes to manage training needs in a fast moving and growing company that can accommodate frequent changes to the service delivery processes and system.
Perform tasks necessary for developing people resources within the Learning and Development department in the areas of instructional design and development. Provide leadership and guidance to the instructional design team.
Evaluate all training and content development needs and identify the means for fulfilling those needs. Oversee the interaction of the instructional designers, subject matter experts (SMEs) to design training solutions that meet the specified requirements within the committed schedule.
Act as project lead in recommending the best design and development strategy to meet specific learning requirements.
Use effective communication, team relationship building, leadership, and project management skills to achieve desired goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of experienced learning designers and developers to deliver engaging, high-quality, learning curriculums, courses, and resources.
- Ensure consistent quality of all learning materials.
- Creates a positive, motivating, team based environment.
- Establish a common learning strategy and framework.
- Provides leadership in resolving specific training problems.
- Assist in the development of learning evaluation strategies.
- Effectively communicates training status to stakeholders and leadership.
- Designs and publishes fully functioning learner resources and configurable user experiences, interfaces, and visual elements.
- Ensures that a consistent design language is applied to all user experiences, interfaces, and visual elements within the learning technology system.
- Facilitates the education and training to end users, to include the development of resources and evaluation of effectiveness.
- Contributes to the design, development, and execution of department specific communications using relevant internal and external methods, as needed.
- Stay abreast of new industry trends.
Who You Are:
- Minimum B.S./B.A. Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Communications, Healthcare Management, Education, Masters preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of Instructional Design experience
- Minimum 2+ years of leadership experience
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Highly customer service focused attitude
- Strong Computer skills
- Highly organized and able to operate independently
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite
- Highly proficient in course authoring tools (Articulate 360, Vyond, or similar)
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage multiple programs, balance speed and quality of work, and meet ambitious deadlines
- Proven success in building and designing e-learning courses and managing high-quality training experiences
- Ability to understand and escalate issues efficiently and appropriately
- Ability to identify new opportunities for process improvement
Why You Should Join Our Team:
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company. We want you to show up and feel your best at work, and that means respecting your time outside of work. Our inclusive, flexible workspace prioritizes a work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits (for full-time employees), and professional perks such as 401K matching, fully funded HRA, and generous time off, including mental health days because your well-being is important to us.
At AbleTo, we’re empowering people to get better and stay better. Want to join us? Take the next step in your career by applying for our Manager of Instructional Design and Development today.
Follow AbleTo on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.