Manager, BASES Design at NielsenIQ (Remote)
Intro to the Innovation team
Innovation matters. With best in class research and predictive analytical tools, Nielsen's Innovation Practice remains at the core of our client's new product ideas, product messaging that inspires action, fresh packaging designs and optimal product launch strategies. In Nielsen's Innovation Practice, you will work with industry leading marketers and see your work come to life. Have you ever wanted to modernize the brand and bottle design for an iconic beer company? How about discovering the next big energy drink? In Nielsen's Innovation Practice, you can.
Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward thinking. Join the Innovation team and work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver and the voice of Nielsen at our clients.Qualifications
When you join the Nielsen team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion. As a Manager/ Associate Manager, Design you will:
● Help to develop the Nielsen Design Solutions business through strong project delivery by partnering with Client Development teams and Analysts on multiple accounts
● Accountable for helping to achieve, exceed and deliver on client revenue targets through excellence in partnership with the rest of the client-facing team
● Become a trusted advisor as it relates to Nielsen Design Solutions to both internal and external clients
● Ensure success of client deliverables through effective project and timeline management
● Responsible for successful and timely delivery of projects through strong day-to-day internal and external project management – which will drive better innovation outcomes, seeking assistance as needed
● Ensures client deliverables are consistent with client business decisions and strategy
● Works closely with internal Analyst team to seek and act on opportunities to strengthen experience, and add to account relationships through value-added analytics
● Learn to consult with clients to understand initiative-level priorities for packaging redesign, and build a broad understanding of client business issues and solutions
● Partners with Client Development team and analysts in handling sensitive client discussions, including those related to crisis situations, seeking assistance as needed
● Collaborate with teams delivering “specialty projects” in Line Optimization and Forecasting to further develop and lead thinking on Nielsen research
● General knowledge of Nielsen Innovation Practice products and services especially Nielsen Design Audit and Navigator, and understanding of broader Nielsen solutions that impact innovation
● Demonstrates strong analytical and client communication skills
● Provides meaningful coaching to junior team members
● Ability to manage client expectations through the life-cycle of a project, ensuring client satisfaction by providing feedback, insights and updates in a timely manner
● Scope Responsibility: $2-3MM
● Key interface relationships (internal and external): clients, internal Nielsen Innovation Practice team members
● Number of employees managed: none
● Number of employees indirectly managed: 1-2
E – Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in marketing research or a related field.
E – Analytical proficiency
E – Strong verbal and written communication skills
E – Strong client/customer service, project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
E – Public speaking ability
P – Experience with Nielsen technology solutions
P – Experience with statistics, research techniques, and experimental designsAdditional Information
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.