Level (Environment) Artist (Remote) at People Can Fly
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!Job Description
- Creating world geometry and composition for levels in Unreal Engine
- Effectively producing playable levels based on Art directors vision and Level design needs with lead cooperation
- Redesigning existing assets to new forms
- Blocking out modules and levels, creating first materials
- Maintaining production and workflow pipelines within given deadlines
- 3 years of experience in creating world geometry for levels
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Ability to use PBR shaders and normal maps on a daily basis
- Experience creating high quality creative/visual aesthetics as well as technical knowledge
- Being able to adapt fast to a specific art style
- Ability to adapt with guidance and improve, new styles, techniques, and workflows
- Basic understanding of the color theory
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Shipped-title experience
- Shader setting experience
- Experience with industry-standard software packages for 3D modeling, high poly sculpting, and texture painting (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, or their equivalents)
- Experience creating photorealistic set pieces, props, textures, and materials on next-gen console platforms
- Ability to show examples of top-notch props and textures made for next-gen console games
- Making high poly meshes and baking them down on a low poly
- Creating high-quality environment assets and gadgets suitable technically and artistically to project universe
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Business trips and integration events
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities