Learning Experience Designer at Power Design, Inc. (Tampa Bay, FL)
about the position
As a Learning Experience Designer, you'll be an integral part of a team responsible for growing our company's greatest assets - our employees! Based out of our corporate headquarters in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida, you'll collaborate with a variety of Subject Matter Experts and business leaders to develop and implement effective, innovative and scalable learning experiences.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and stakeholders to identify goals and outcomes for learning experiences.
- Identify and advise on the best learning solution(s) based on desired outcomes, including assessments that effectively measure the mastery of the learning objectives.
- Design, develop, deploy, and manage multimedia and learning content based on business needs.
- Perform all functions of instructional design including: analyzing the learning need, designing and developing the learning solution, implementing the finished product, and evaluating the outcome.
- Perform all functions of instructional design including: planning and storyboarding, recording or creating digital content (videos, animations, voice-overs), and using style guides to edit raw content and produce high-quality multimedia content.
- Assist facilitators/trainers in understanding learning solutions and how they relate to other learning activities.
- Use a variety of tools to build learning experiences that include eLearning solutions, assessments, interactive activities/games, videos, graphics, images, animated explainer videos, etc.
- Use appropriate hardware and software to create augmented/virtual reality experiences, 360-degree recording, or 3D imaging (3D Vista preferred).
- Advise and collaborate with stakeholders regarding learning experience implementation and evaluate feedback and results to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide reporting to management on training progression and completion, employee usage, and ILT/VILT training completions.
- Ensure curriculum is up-to-date and relevant to the career skills required for the program/course.
- Manage multiple projects and ensure that projects are delivered on time and according to expectations.
- Ensure solutions are innovative by staying up-to-date on industry trends, new learning approaches and new technologies relevant to learning experience and instructional design.
- Perform LMS administration and reporting (Workday and Workday Learning experience preferred).
- Perform all other duties as assigned which may become necessary to support departmental and/or organizational objectives.
here's what we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree (instructional design, curriculum development, or other related field).
- 3+ years of experience in developing learning solutions.
- Proficiency in authoring tools (Storyline/Rise/Captivate) and other learning or graphic design software(s).
- Strong multimedia skills including pre-production (storyboarding/SME consultations), production (audio/video recording, mic/digital camera/camcorder skills), post-production (audio/video editing and special effects).
- Experience in analysis such as needs assessments, learner analysis, and job task analysis.
- Experience developing for a variety of instructional modes including virtual classroom, face-to-face, simulation, eLearning, self-paced, job-aids, etc. (experience with SCORM/AICC preferred).
- Effective project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects varying in scope and priority (experience with Asana preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to partner and consult across a variety of functions and organizational levels.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrate and uphold all of Power Design's core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
Candidates with a digital portfolio showcasing these skills are encouraged to submit a link to their content in their initial application. All candidates advancing to the second round of interviews will be required to complete a skills assessment and submit samples of their work.
At Power Design, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Power Design believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is paramount to our success as a national company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool nationwide.