Lead Product Designer at MyFitnessPal (Remote)
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
The MyFitnessPal Design Team cares deeply about creating an experience-first culture. Our goals are instrumental in shaping the future of health and fitness through the discovery and execution of elegant digital experiences for mobile and web products. We collaborate and work closely with other designers, copywriters, product managers, developers, marketers and project managers to envision, design and prototype new growth products, features and initiatives. We are passionate about identifying and connecting with our target users, and becoming their advocate to influence our products to meet their needs.What you’ll be doing:
As a Lead Product Designer you will oversee and take responsibility for the successful delivery for a range of projects. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with multiple teams to guide new features from idea to implementation, gather feedback and actionable insights from users, You should be a systems thinker and able to logically comprehend complex systems. You are passionate about building things and can distinguish between good and great work and are able to clearly articulate why.
- Establish targets and goals and develop project plans in support of team objectives
- Mentor fellow design team members in design craft and design thinking methodologies and pro-actively provides consumer centric trends and information regarding consumer behavior, needs, and innovative experiences
- Seek to improve by proactively curating new solutions, with consideration for internal and external drivers
- Motivate Teammates by delegating and sharing objectives that highlight the impact of their work
- Advance team relationships and works openly with cross- functional teammates to guide operational results
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking, problem framing, problem solving, and craft skills. Develop, lead, and facilitate workshops. Plan and coordinate work. Develop new design thinking techniques when needed
- Lead by example, build a collaborative culture, and create opportunities for others to lead. Help new team members understand MFP and their work. Manage up and down, grasp business drivers and strategy for their product area. Lead multiples projects and demonstrate delivery excellence
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in User Experience Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Fine Art, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in digital product design, with proven success collaborating with engineers, researchers and product owners to ship products, and to manage and execute on projects. UX/Vis Design experience must include an established, heavily trafficked, consumer facing application with preference given to those with both app-based mobile design (iOS and Android) and web
- Skilled with Figma, Adobe CS, JIRA, Confluence, as well as prototyping, and expert at adapting to a variety of software
- Experience working within diverse, dynamic, cross-functional teams. Exposure to managing designers and delegating tasks
- Great at turning complex ideas and insights into working solutions. Strategic thinker with the ability to solve problems, even when they are not fully defined
Note: To be considered, you must provide a link to an online portfolio (please include password).
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.