Lead Product Designer at TutorMe (Remote)
At TutorMe, we’re on a mission to give students access to the individualized support they need to unlock their full learning potential. We do that by partnering with schools across the country to provide high-impact, on-demand online tutoring to students whenever and wherever they need it.
Named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and certified as a Great Place to Work®, TutorMe cultivates an inclusive, people-first work culture. As the explosive demand for virtual learning draws more learners to TutorMe, we're expanding our fully remote team of talented individuals to help us democratize world-class academic support!
TutorMe is part of GoGuardian, which is an organization helping to shape the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. We aim to change the education landscape by promoting effective teaching and equitable engagement and mitigating unfinished learning.
We’re hiring a Lead Product Designer to elevate our product designs to the next level! As the foundational member of the Design team, you'll work closely with product managers and engineers to deliver customer-centered product designs for mobile and desktop experiences. Reporting to the VP of Product, you'll create intuitive, engaging, and outstanding product experiences and features that delight our customers and students alike.
Ultimately, your mission is to drive platform engagement through optimizing our overall visual experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Drive the end-to-end product design process from discovery to delivery
- Champion empathy for our users
- Construct user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts for validation
- Conduct user research, identifying key user needs and solving them to enhance product UX
- Translate customer insights into meaningful and compelling UI concepts and user journeys
- Create and maintain robust design pattern libraries
- Improve our platform accessibility to help us develop a more inclusive student experience
- 7+ years of experience building and shipping technology products at scale: web and mobile apps; at least 5 of those years should be in Product Design combining UX/UI roles
- A diverse portfolio showcasing advanced interaction and visual design capabilities
- Ability to create design artifacts such as wireframes, user workflows, prototypes, and design documentation; proven experience with Figma
- Strong attention to details and desire to collaborate
- Interest in ethical, universal, and accessible design
- Strong sense of ownership, proactivity, and empathy
- Solid practical understanding of general SDLC
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style; eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excited to help improve student success outcomes in education
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Competitive pay and 401(k) matching, and robust health, dental, and vision insurance (GoGuardian covers 90% of the premium for you and 50% for your dependents)
- Flexible Time Off, plus sick time and a paid year-end holiday break
- Free access to online tutoring for you and your family
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Monthly Lifestyle Spending Funds (to cover everything from your cell phone bill, to your Netflix subscription, to a U.S. National Parks Pass)
- Quarterly Wellness Days (Fridays off to relax and recharge)
- Monthly DoorDash stipend and DashPass membership
- Weekly virtual yoga and meditation classes
- Paid Parental Leave
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Opportunity to be a key player in a high growth, start-up environment
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for edtech
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but you're up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
*Colorado residents are excluded from this opportunity.