Lead Product Designer, Guestworks (Remote) at Vacasa (Portland, OR)
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.Why Product Design at Vacasa
We are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences from research to implementation. Our customers are the center of our process at Vacasa. Product Designers lead UX/UI and help to define our digital experiences at Vacasa and help drive business strategy forward. Product Design at Vacasa is your opportunity to be part of a team that positively impacts our customers. By creating products and services that people love, we are changing the vacation rental industry one experience at a time.
This role will lead product design in the enterprise/employee product design space for a new all-in-one solution for vacation rental homeowners to access premium hospitality tools, higher rental revenue, and advanced management technology. You will oversee the work of at least one or more designers and potentially people manage the team of enterprise designers. You will be the primary point of contact for projects in the enterprise space.What we’re looking for
- At least 8+ years working experience as an IC UX designer on multiple products leading and building out products
- A body of work to showcase products that you specifically and explicitly contributed to (bonus if this is in the Saas/ enterprise space)
- A high-bar of quality in both interaction and visual design as well as strong technical design skills. Knowledge of new technologies and processes within product design WCAG requirements, Android, and iOS guidelines.
- Familiarity with Figma or similar UX design tools
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Capacity and confidence to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks
- High proficiency in design and prototype tools and command of technologies
- Ability to thrive in a distributed, remote, and collaborative environment
- Experience in evangelizing user-centered thinking across all levels, creating a vision and aligning teams to execute it
- Contribute at each phase of the design process and will have the opportunity to lead other designs to help improve our design team processes
- Ensure your design solutions are inclusive, with high attention to WCAG 2.1 compliance prioritizing accessibility early in the process
- Collaborate and present design work to the UX team, product team, executives and external partners for review and feedback
- Partner closely with strategic product management leads and highly technical development teams to support product launches
- Be the champion for users and testing by partnering with research to validate assumptions and hypotheses
- Mentor other designers on the product design team to level-up their skill set
- Own and lead the information architecture, interface and interaction flow of employee-facing digital products
- Take ownership of the enterprise/employee product design stream to provide innovative, intuitive design solutions for our next generation of enterprise tooling
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Experience with project or product management
- Skilled at working effectively in cross functional teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent preferred
Ability to work from home and resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MT, NC, NH, NM, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
You’ll be working in your home office setting. We hold virtual training sessions and weekly team meeting. Occasional offsite team meetings in your region or our HQ locations. Requires frequent, repetitive use of a computer, phone, and office equipment. Requires patient, professional communication with prospective clients, and the ability to build confidence with prospects.
- $130,000 - $160,000 DOE
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
Some positions may require that you drive a personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for work purposes. Employees who are required to drive a personal vehicle must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be at least 18 years of age. Employees who are required to drive a company vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 21 years of age, and have been a licensed driver for no less than 3 years.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.