Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a the Connected Products Design Lead you will you will drive the team that helps users experience and manage their ecosystem of connected products beyond the vehicle including key, speakers, chargers, and more.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be working closely with our Connected Experiences team to build out end to end setup, usage, and management feature flows for our growing product ecosystem.
Day-to-day you’ll be working cross functionally with designers, user research, and product and engineering partners to define opportunities, create solutions, and support the release and evolution of those product experiences.
What you’ll need:
- Product designer with 7+ years of experience
- Experience working with and designing for mobile products.
- Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
- Experience working in partnership with product, engineering and business leads.
- Comfortable with visual design and UX processes
- Experience designing for connected devices a plus
- Comfortable with defining user experience strategies and roadmaps
- Comfortable leading a small team of designers
- A desire to get into the field and learn first hand
The kind of designer you are:
- You put people first, ego last
- You’re not afraid to ask why. A lot.
- You are comfortable with creating definition from ambiguity.
- You are collaborative and expect change
- You have a desire to muck-in and enjoy getting your hands dirty.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.