Lead Game Designer at Glu Mobile (acquired by Electronic Arts in April 2021)
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:36 p.m. (CST) on Friday, October 8, 2021
CrowdStar is a Glu Mobile studio and now part of the Electronic Arts family. The combination of our talented teams at Glu and EA position us as a leader in the largest gaming category in the world. We are forming a powerful growth engine that will expand our current games and deliver more amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere. Come join us!
At the CrowdStar Studio, we believe there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women. Our goal is to build products that engage, enrich, and empower.
With our two top-grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. We are changing how women interact with games. We are changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, and furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate about creating fun and engaging games for women, and also enriching lives outside of the game.
We are now looking to expand our audience with an exciting third title in development, Table and Taste. This product builds on the success of Covet Fashion and Design Home by taking our learnings and applying them to everything food.
We’re looking for a Lead Game Designer who can be a voice that drives metrics-driven game design and player experience, ensuring strong engagement, retention, virality, and monetization. You will be helping to optimize the player experience, designing game features and helping to drive important decisions that impact development. You have experience designing for titles in all stages of development, from prototyping, through production, to live operations.
You will have a passion for working closely with a team of Game and User Interface Designers as they work with User Research and PM Teams to form a vision for the future of Table and Taste. You are familiar with all the top mobile titles, and bring that wealth of knowledge to bear on content creation, with a deep understanding of the casual player. The ideal candidate is both creatively- and strategically-minded, able to make innovative use of game features in order to craft fun and polished experience that satisfies player motivations.
- Ideate, prototype and validate feature concepts through user research
- Through player research help define and articulate player motivations
- Think critically and creatively about the needs of the game and player motivations to drive meaningful features
- Articulate and inform the “player journey” and work to make sure all features and game element support that player journey
- Strong sense of UI / UX to work closely with artist to ensure we get the most out of our features
- Research, validate, iterate on features in that roadmap before they reach development
- Design next set of innovative features targeting numerous key metrics such as early retention and long term engagement
- Design features in-game to extend the game's influence past the screen and into daily life, providing an even more enriching experience
- Create and document features and systems for a free-to-play mobile game
- Organize and run team brainstorms
- Respond to emergent Engineering, QA, and design issues/problems in development and ensure these are addressed to meet product goals and release plan targets
- Familiarity with working well in an agile manner with Product Managers, UI Designers, Producers, QA Testers and Engineers to efficiently deliver excellent games while working within the requirements and constraints of technology, schedule and budget
- 5+ years in design for either casual or female games
- A passion for learning and user empathy
- Strong ability to document features
- Experience designing product features in social platforms or in-game social features
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to consolidate feedback on designs
- Core knowledge of best design practices
- Solid balance between “the big picture” and day to day
- Strong understanding of the player journey and how it maps to various features in-gam
- Strong empathy and knowledge of a female audience
- An understanding of usability principles
- UI/UX experience
- An understanding of statistics and analytics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description