Indigo is an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
Do you believe that design can change the world? Here you will have the opportunity to directly impact the future of agriculture by working on Indigo's products that reinvent how crops are grown and sold.
We’re a quickly expanding our Platform UX team and we’re looking for a Lead Designer to help us evolve our design system that empowers product teams to deliver accessible, high-quality experiences at scale. Indigo is constantly coming up with new product ideas, and we’re looking for an experienced designer to collaborate with other designers, software engineers, and product managers to identify common components and experiences that can be made into reusable patterns. If you thrive in fast-paced, start-up environments and are interested in the opportunity to own the design of powerful but intuitive internal tools and systems, we’d love to talk.
- Audit existing experiences and upcoming design work to identify patterns ready to be codified as components into the design system.
- Lead the design system team to prioritize and build new design system features.
- Design components for the design system with a focus on accessibility, usability, and internationalization.
- Build and maintain easy-to-use Figma components for designers.
- Document best practices and usage guidelines to help designers and engineers understand how, why, and when to use specific components or patterns.
- Collaborate closely with designers and engineers to mentor and advocate for high design standards at Indigo.
- Socialize design system process, features, and philosophy across the technology organization.
- Exceptional visual and interaction design skills
- Working knowledge of accessibility guidelines (e.g. WCAG) and how to apply them
- Strong listener and communicator
- Exceptional ability to turn complexity into simplicity
- Leads projects independently but knows when to seek help from manager or others
- Can mentor and oversee junior designers’ work when appropriate
- 5-7 years experience with product design focused on web and native mobile design systems; with 2-3+ of those focusing on design systems
- Experience leading complex projects from inception to completion
- Experience designing complex responsive web applications
- Experience designing components for the design system with a focus on accessibility, usability, and internationalization
- Experience in an agile environment, working closely with Product and Dev teams