Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
This role is for the KYC Design Associate Manager as part of the AML function in the Enterprise Compliance team, reporting to the Global KYC Director. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and executing various initiatives across the KYC team in order to ensure adherence to Coinbase’s AML program, BSA/AML, KYC, CDD, and EDD policies, procedures and standards appropriate for each jurisdiction in which Coinbase operates. You will serve as the subject matter expert and escalation point within the KYC team and the broader AML team and manage relevant projects related to KYC onboarding and remediations. You will be required to build strong relationships cross-functionally with onboarding, customer experience, and coverage teams.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a proven track record of creating processes and procedures for a KYC program, have an enthusiastic and positive attitude, and have a strong knowledge of KYC best practices. The role will include responsibility for certain core compliance activities, as detailed below.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Design and write processes and procedures for scaling a rapidly growing KYC program
- Lead writing of KYC business requirements and work with various stakeholders for implementing new processes
- Identify issues, communicate them cross functionally, and drive them to resolution
- Work closely with AML and KYC team members to define scope, engage stakeholders, and drive execution of key initiatives
- Assist with preparing regulatory reporting and correspondence across multiple jurisdictions
- Work with operations, product and engineering teams to UAT and QA various KYC project initiatives
- Be comfortable with operating in ambiguity and adapting to changing priorities
- Work closely with the Global KYC Director and others to drive internal KYC team’s planning and strategy across short and long term
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6+ years of prior experience in designing and implementing an onboarding KYC program for a financial institution, preferably with digital assets and/or fintech experience;
- Detailed knowledge of anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, and sanctions risks and regulations
- Strong leadership, relationship management skills, and project management experience;
- BA/BS or equivalent degree required; graduate/vocational training preferred;
- Exceptional analytical skills;
- Strong communication skills and presence: ability to interface with internal and external teams;
- Work in a cross-functional and matrixed environment
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a FinTech is a plus
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.