Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about creating simple experiences in a complex world.
We are looking for a thoughtful user-centered designer to help design features of our cloud infrastructure products for developers and data scientists. Reporting to the Manager of Product Design, the Junior Product Designer will join a close-knit, collaborative, and light-hearted team, making sure our customers get the best possible experience from our products and services.
Simplicity and usability are central to the DigitalOcean differentiator. The Product Design team has an impact across the organization, working with engineering and product teams to create experiences that make development much more enjoyable and much less frustrating. As the product grows, the challenge of keeping the platform and experience simple becomes even more crucial. Our team is committed to helping each other grow as designers and be impactful in our design work.What You'll Be Doing:
- Partnering with a senior or lead designer to build out your skill set in visual design, UX design, and research methodologies.
- Participating in design to help build DigitalOcean into a robust cloud host that is simple, friendly, beautiful, and powerful for application developers.
- Discovering insights through continuous customer, user, and stakeholder engagement.
- Testing your designs with users. Iterating on your designs as we learn.
- Participating in frequent design reviews with the Product Design team and providing valuable critique.
- Rapidly prototyping interactions and experiences.
- Collaborating with designers and developers to expand our design system.
- You have a strong interest in designing transactional productivity applications.
- You want to think in terms of design systems.
- A base understanding of design theory, research data, business goals, and team principles.
- You enjoy and value creating simple, clear solutions.
- You stress the details and care about creating truly delightful experiences.
- Experience in either interaction or visual design.
- You're up to date regarding the latest web design and technology developments.
- You are interested in working with developers and learning how to build for them.
- You work well within a team. You're opinionated yet humble and always looking to grow.
- You are a self-starter, who feels responsible for the work assigned to them and knows how to ask for help and guidance when needed.
- You are curious, and like to learn about new things.
- A link to your portfolio (preferred) or previous work so we can see what you delivered and understand the thinking that went into your design decisions.
- Your cover letter explaining why you would be great at DigitalOcean.
- Your resume to give us a quick idea of what you’ve been up to and what you accomplished before arriving in our job application queue.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: User Experience
Want to learn more about our User Experience team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!