Jr. Creative Stategist at Reddit
Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world.
Reddit Inc’s Creative Strategy team is responsible for collaborating with partners to build community-driven campaigns, content, and activations that catalyze action on Reddit and in culture.
Reddit is a curious place and so are we. By focusing on intention over attention, we help brands understand their communities and be understood in return. We are writers, investigators, painters, anthropologists, marketers, inventors, singers, storytellers and storydoers brought together into one team of conduits for brands seeking to discover how to contribute authentically, meaningfully, and effectively to the communities that matter to them most.
We are looking for someone with a passion to turn curiosity into understanding, a strong copywriter looking to bring the Reddit-spin to campaigns, and someone who believes in the power of community for brands of all sizes. We’re looking for a creative polymath and problem solver who can invent, write, and design advertisements and campaigns across a spectrum of categories and verticals – tailoring each ad to the unique culture and interests of the Reddit audience. Put another way: We’re looking for someone who can make ads Redditors won’t hate.
- Work with Sr. Creative Strategists and Account teams to help develop ad concepts and campaigns that balance the needs of our clients with the tastes of our audience.
- Assist in writing concept pitches, headline copy, creative briefs, RFP responses, and communications that embody Reddit’s sensibilities.
- Assist in designing ad layouts, creative assets, campaigns, and viewer journeys that entertain, inform, and sell.
- Work alongside other KarmaLab strategists to serve as a junior creative consultant and platform expert to Reddit’s Growth Sales team and their clients [Help people learn how to Reddit, and Reddit well.]
- Create deliverables in the form of Reddit-native headlines, platform insights, and creative thought starters for brands looking to advertise on Reddit.
- Education or experience in advertising, PR, media, social media, or any field leveraging creativity or strategy.
- Strong grasp of Reddit’s core values, its language, and its communities, as well as how to identify.
- Keen ability to shift perspective with ease to see opportunities through the lens of both the Reddit communities and a brand, creating something wonderful in the space in-between them.
- Persuasive written communication & copywriting skills.
- Strong design sense & talent for visual storytelling and presentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- An appetite for testing and experimentation with the ability to pivot to new ideas.
- Creative flexibility & curiosity – you approach new challenges, clients & verticals with equal enthusiasm.
- A desire to learn and master the world of social and digital advertising
- Preferred experience using Keynote/PPT/Google Slides, as well as Adobe Photoshop/Adobe CC
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].